Babies: 9 - 12 Months

milk question

okay so DS will be 1 next month Crying

I'm wanting to start introducing milk now,should i do it just a little at a time or can i give him a sippy full and just let him drink what he wants?

Also I'm trying to wean him off BM-right now he only BF in the afternoon for his nap and then bedtime. My question is this: what do I do when he wakes up in the middle of the night wanting to feed? I know with the afternoon feeding i can just feed him lunch when i would normally BF and then before bed he eats dinner but I'm worried he's gonna wanna eat throughout the night,he's currently waking up at least once to feed.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: milk question

• I am trying to get DD to drink cow's milk too and it's not going so well.  Mostly because she won't take anything from a bottle or cup at this point.  Today, I read on the kellymom website that the best way to transition is to start with 1/4 cow's milk and 3/4 BM in a bottle or cup and increase the cow's milk amount by 1/4 each week until LO is completely off of BM.  As far as night wakings, I really don't think (as long as LO's weight and health are good) there is any reason he needs to be waking for feedings.  It's probably more of a habit at this point than a need.  But, if you do want to continue to feed him at night, I would feed him small amounts of milk and decrease the amount each week to hopefully eliminate the nighttime feedings.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards