3rd Trimester
Options

Xp from Feb 2012: Are contractions sharp pains?

I've been getting a sharp pain on and off sice about 9:15 this morning in the lower right side of my belly. The first time it happened I thought maybe I was sitting in a weird position or baby was stretching, but they seem to be happening closer together and for longer periods of time. I have an OB apt in an hour so I just got home from work...it happened twice on my ride home which took about 35 minutes. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, especially bc I'm going to the dr in an hour, but I'm curious if I should be timing these pains?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Xp from Feb 2012: Are contractions sharp pains?

• Options
    Sounds like contactions to me, but im a FTM also. My doctor even told me the other day that braxton hicks can be painful. Since it is constant and increasing in intensity and closer together, that sounds like real contractions. I would probly call before you go to your appointment to tell your doctor about the pain, they may want to tell you to go to L&D.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Every pregnancy is different, but for me, contractions were not a sharp, localized pain. They were a stomach-tightening, pain starting from the bottom of the belly and then moving up and around my back kind of thing. Definitely talk to your Dr., though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Contractions for me felt like intense menstrual cramps, that came in waves. But everyone is different. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageKhecht:
    Contractions for me felt like intense menstrual cramps, that came in waves. But everyone is different. 

This is how I described my pain to my OB b/c as a FTM, I too had no clue she said this is contractions. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"