1st Trimester

5 weeks nausea??

So I'm only 5 weeks and a few days and I'm already really nauseated since yesterday... no throwing up yet, but I had some dry heaving.  Is it normal to have that this early??  There's a possibility I'm closer to 6 weeks, since my EDD was calculated by my LMP, and I can't remember the specific day it started, only the week...

The sea-bands seem to be helping a little (DH got them for me yesterday when I had to run out of the room from cooked broccoli!), but my grad school internship at an elementary school, as a counselor, starts tomorrow.  I'm nervous about how I will be feeling during an already stressful time, and if my stomach will behave itself!

Any suggestions? 

Little B 9.20.12

Re: 5 weeks nausea??

• I think I'm just behind you so I haven't gotten any nausea yet, but I've heard that ginger helps. Ginger tea, ginger ale, ginger chews etc... Anything ginger.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was sick last week (at 4 weeks) which is really early, but everyone is different. I got by with warm water (cold made me sicker) and pretzels crisps. I sincerely hate saltines, so even putting them near my mouth made my stomach turn. The pretzels chips, though, were fantastic. I found I was even able to get different varieties of them. The "supreme" (think everything bagel) was my fave, followed by the cinnamon raisin. They're just super crispy crackers in flat pretzel shape, but they really worked for me and were appetizing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Try to keep some food in your stomach, I feel worse when I am really hungry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• My nausea started at 5w1d. It has let up a few times here and there, but mostly it has been everyday since then.

Hope you're feeling better soon. I know it sucks, but it's temporary! I would just make sure you carry snacks in your bag. Have a small variety since something may work one day and not the next. Also, I find that eating as soon as I wake up helps and don't drink anything while you're eating. Those are the things that help me, hopefully you'll have some luck with that!

ETA: Good luck with your internship!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel pretty sick today, but not too bad. I've heard that protein is actually better than carbs when you have morning sickness. Try eating some eggs in the morning, if you can. Or protein bars.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC Baby #2 - BFP on 12/14/11 @ 10DPO - CP confirmed 12/18/11
    BFP #2 on 1/13/12
  • Zofran. Call your doc and ask for an Rx.
    I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• With both my DD's my m/s started at 5w,1d.  This pregnancy, has been a little different. I THINK I was starting to feel a little bit of nausea last night, but today not so much. So no, I don't think you're too early to be having it. And unforunately I don't have any other additional tips that haven't already been mentioned. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 4 weeks and I won't say I'm nauseous but I've got some pretty insane dry heaving going on starting today.  Americanpregnancy.org says nausea/MS can start affecting women as early as 2-8 weeks after conception.
    Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLadiebug710:
    Try to keep some food in your stomach, I feel worse when I am really hungry.

This. If you can't hold much down talk to you Doctor! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"