Michigan Babies
Options

What hospital are you going with?

I am using Ingham and so far I have been happy with the people. Does anyone have experience with Ingham? Should I switch to Sparrow?

Re: What hospital are you going with?

• Options

I only have L&D experience with Sparrow (which was a good experience) but I have a friend who delivered at Ingham and had a good experience as well.  My family has also used Ingham for various surgeries and other things and have always had good experiences.

Unless there's something specific that you like about Sparrow (certain amenities, your doctor only has privleges there, etc) I don't think there's much of a difference.  The only big difference I can think of between my delivery at Sparrow and what I know about my friend's at Ingham was the epidural.  At Sparrow they have the continuous epi feed with the button you can push for additional meds, but at Ingham if my friend needed add'l epi meds the doctor had to come in and administer them.

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options
    I had my oldest (he's almost 8) at Sparrow, and my second (he's 6) at Ingham.  I enjoyed Ingham a LOT more, and will be using it for this birth too.  :)  They were all very friendly, and I was able to labor, deliver and recover all in the same room!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am going to try looking into Borgess near battle creek actually. They have a more inclusive care model and are really supportive with natural birth and labor options from what I hear. My friend had both her babies there and highly recommends it. I live south of lansing so it's not too far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I go to 2nd St Joes in Ann Arbor this is my second pregnancy & I had an amazing experience with my first there
  • Options
    What is up with this video & the guy with the gun? Sorry was just wondering what it had to do with hospitals?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"