3rd Trimester

Do the hip tricks really work post-baby?

Hi,

I am preparing all my post-baby stuff and I have been reading about things to wear to get your body back. I have read to wear Spanx or the those tight hip-hugger devices to put bring your hips back into their original place. I was just wondering if these tricks work and if anyone else has heard about these things?

Thanks!

Re: Do the hip tricks really work post-baby?

• I never used anything like that after DS and I fit back into my pre-preg pants just fine.  You could ask on Babies 0-3 months or 3-6 months too.  Those boards are full of new moms so you might get more responses over there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think some people claim they work.  I asked my Dr about it last pregnancy and she said that your body will go back to whatever shape it wants to regardless of the girdles etc.  I had a c/s last time and the hospital did give me a girdle type thing to keep the stomach muscles in (sneezing coughing etc) but it was all for comfort and not for body shaping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image katcarls:
    I never used anything like that after DS and I fit back into my pre-preg pants just fine.  You could ask on Babies 0-3 months or 3-6 months too.  Those boards are full of new moms so you might get more responses over there.

this. I never did anything special and fit in all my old clothes after losing the weight. 

• I agree with the others... but I did try one of those belly bandit's.... it was uncomfortable to wear but it did remind me to tighten my stomach muscles which were basically shot after pregnancy... I fit into all my old clothes when I lost most of the weight.  

• My MW recomended s binder for pp because my rectus muscles are torn, so that will give me extra support, and if it helps slim me too, I won't argue!

• After having DD, I just wore my pregnancy belly band for extra support.  I fit in to all of my old clothes within about 8 weeks of having the baby. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic