January 2012 Moms

bathroom (tmi) question

Just woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I had to use the bathroom. After a bowel movement there was some blood in the toilet and when I wiped in front, not a ton, but pinkish red blood. (not mucus or the way I would have pictured bloody show... no contractions or any other pains) 

My doctors said to watch out for heavy bleeding like a period for the start of labor. That's not what this was, but I have had no spotting or bleeding like this before. Of course it's 2 am and now I'm wide awake and confused. Anyone have this or any advice? 

DS 5 years old
DD 2 years old
{Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: bathroom (tmi) question

• I've never heard of bloody show being anything like a period. It's usually just a little bit and  usually mixed with mucus. I'd call in the morning since it wasn't mixed with mucus though. Just to be on the safe side.
  • I've been having pinkish discharge overnight as well, I think that it is just bloody show with thin mucous, but I'm going to ask my doc about it today.
    Met 8/2004  -  Married 6/2008  -  DD1 1/2012
    Looking forward to 4/2015!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the replies. The blood stopped and now is just brown if anything. Afterwards last night I had an hour of really low contractions every 8 min and I thought something was starting. Then they got sporadic until about 7am, now nothing. I feel silly calling the doctor now since the blood stopped...I'm so confused!
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• The same thing happened to me last night around 8pm. The blood didn't look like mucus and was more than I expected (but not too much) so I called the midwife. Since no more came out in an hour, she said to call back if any more came out other than spotting brownish blood. Last night, I had some contractions but not regular for long and nothing much today... so I am home from work but nothing is happening yet.
  • I had something similar happen two weeks ago.  I too had a bm and when I wiped I could have sworn that if I wasn't pg I was starting my peroid.  I called the dr and while I waited for the nurse to call back I threw some stuff in my bag in case I was told to head to the hospital.  Nurse called back, I told her what happened and that I didn't have any cramps/contrax and felt fine other wise and it didn't seem to keep flowing.  She said I could come in or wait to see if I started bleeding again.  I chose to wait and over the weekend passed some dark brown mucus (tmi:  it looked like melted chocolate).  I saw the dr on Monday and she seemed to think it was possibly my mucus plug or my cervix was starting to thin/open because some women have some bleeding when that happens. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards