Cloth Diapering
Options

Liners

What are everyone's thoughts/experiences on the following:

Fleece Liners

Flushable Liners

What do you you find you use these for and at what age/stage did you start using them?  Please feel free to add any other thoughts on the topic!

Thanks!

- Newbie getting my stash ready

Re: Liners

• Options
    We use fleece liners everyday with all changes, but we mostly use natural fiber diapers. It's especially important with our fitteds overnight. Now that we are trying to introduce solids we are using disposable liners more when we are out. I can just lift the liner and chuck the whole thing leaving me less clean up when we get home. We don't use them at home since we have a sprayer.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options

I love fleece liners.  I made my own with scrap fleece.  It doesn't fray so I just cut it, wash it and it's good to go. 

I use them when he's sick in case of diarrhea and when he needs diaper rash cream.  It's a lot easier, IMO, to clean just the liner than a whole diaper.

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use fleece liners when we want to use diaper cream. We used to use them with prefolds to make more of a stay-dry feel at night or in the car, before we started using BG's. Now we're using disposable liners once in a while since she's eating some solids. We're nowhere near the peanut butter poop stage yet, but when we get there we'll probably be using them more.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • Options
    We used disposable liners in the beginning so we could just flush. Now we use fleece liners at night so we can use whatever cream we want, and still have that stay-dry feel. We only use liners during the day when she has a rash and have to use something with zinc oxide since her poop is now easily plopable in the toilet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Hello! I use disposable liners all day, every day and i LOVE them. I have no experience with fleece liners, and will likely stick to the disposables. I think the liners are an absolute necessity, and I'm always  annoyed that not enough people list them when going over those cloth diapering needs.

In any case, I've tried about 3 diff brands of liners, and I find the Grovia Bioliners to be the best. The size is great (been using them since like month one till now at 5 months). They can seem rough, but have no affect on her skin. The best part is that you can re-use them. If there's just pee, i simply hand wash in the sink, they take maybe 20 mins to dry, and once dry, they're be incredibly soft. You can wash and re-wash the liners, I've probably used a single liner at least 3-5 times. They're great for using on the occasion that we need to use a cream or ointment as the liner can jus go into the trash or toilet. Additionally, with this brand you get 200 for $10 (9.99, whatever) unlike a lot of the other where they're only sold on rolls of 100 for $6-$8. 

I'd say the only downside is that when they go out of stock on one site, you can bet they'll be gone from many sites for a while, including grovia, so if you try them and like them, get a couple rolls with each order 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"