1st Trimester

Allergic Reaction to Ultrasound gel?

Anyone else allergic to it? I called my triage nurse this morning because of the spotting I've been having the few days following an ultrasound. Well it's accompanied by a really swollen pikachu area and a burning sensation. Now I just have this weird discharge. I told my triage nurse and talked to my doctor and they both think I have had an allergic reaction to the gel. Guess no more transvaginal ultrasounds for me. Anyone else?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Allergic Reaction to Ultrasound gel?

• I have no idea about being allergic to the gel but your use of pikachu to describe your lady parts made my day. 

"Seriously, it’s like we’re the velociraptors at the end of Jurassic Park circling our prey, and then the Bumpie tyrannosaurs come in and tear some **** up. Except instead of killing us, they eat Joseph Mazzello."-GOMI
  • I have a mild latex allergy and that is what happens to my lady parts when they come in contact with it.  They have to use the non latex wand condoms for tv u/s on me.  No problem with the gel though.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChibiMommy:
    I have a mild latex allergy and that is what happens to my lady parts when they come in contact with it.  They have to use the non latex wand condoms for tv u/s on me.  No problem with the gel though.  

This would have been my first concern too!  Seems more likely than an allergy to the gel.  Pregnancy can induce allergies that you never had before so even if you have been able to use condoms with latex in the past, during pregnancy you may not be able to tolerate it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Its more likely an allergy to the latex condom they put on the wand. You might want to talk to your doctor about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    Anyone else allergic to it? I called my triage nurse this morning because of the spotting I've been having the few days following an ultrasound. Well it's accompanied by a really swollen pikachu area and a burning sensation. Now I just have this weird discharge. I told my triage nurse and talked to my doctor and they both think I have had an allergic reaction to the gel. Guess no more transvaginal ultrasounds for me. Anyone else?

BAHAHAHA! Sorry but I LOL when I saw pikachu! No I have never had this but I have heard of it. Most likely the latex.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"