Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

when you were pregnant, what'd dr say about weight?

2»

Re: when you were pregnant, what'd dr say about weight?

• i was overweight to start with - so he told me i was allotted 15-20 lbs to gain. i gained 17. every appt, he said you weighed in a x - good, and move on. i think he maybe would have told me something if it was more, but not too bad. he has a "calming" quality to his voice.

-Glo

First Surro Journey:

BabyFetus Ticker

Proud Mommy to:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I gained 65 pounds. I ate better than before I was pregnant but I swelled horribly. My doctor wouldn't believe that I wasn't pigging out until the last few weeks when I was gaining 5 lbs every week. I was induced a few days early because of it. DS was 9 lbs. I lost 45 lbs in 2 weeks and all the rest but 5 lbs or so by 6 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • I think my dr. told me to stay around 20-25.  But that wasn't an issue for me.  I didn't gain anything in the first tri because I was never hungry.  Then I got gallstones and acute pancreatitis so I could only eat 30-40 grams of fat/day and most days I didn't come close to even that much.  I only gained 1 lb.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doc said to gain between 25-30lbs. I ate right and exercised daily, but I gained 40. When I gained 8lbs in my 7th month, he told me to cool it and gave me info about a pregnancy diet and grilled my DH about my eating habits. He asked DH 3x if he was SURE I wasn't sneaking food. (I wasn't.) I went home, locked myself in my bathroom, and cried for 10 minutes.

My doc's first words to me at my 2 week check up, however, were "wow, you lost 10lbs just in your face." Thanks, doc. 

Edited for grammar. I swear I'm an editor. 

imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • I gained 30 lbs. I remembered once in my last trimester I gained like 3 lbs in a week and the nurse made a comment about it. Not a rude one, she just said to be careful of what I'm eating, etc. They had told me 25 lbs was a good amount for me to gain, so I think they weren't too concerned about 30.

• imageMamaNikita:

imageYules:
    My idiot OB told me I could stand to gain a few lbs when I was 4 months pregnant. I ended up gaining 37lbs and having a 9.12 lb baby. It wrecked my stomach to the point where my insurance covered muscle repair and tuck. I wish my dr knew to tell a 107 lb person not to gain 37 lbs. Thank goodness it all came off. 

what happened to your stomach?  i'm 108 and i gained 50 lbs.  a lot of it was water but the rest i lost through breastfeeding.  my baby was only 7.9 but i went early.  my stomach doesn't look like it did when i was 20, but it doesn't look like it needs any repair work either. 

edited to add - this isn't a snarky thing, i'm just curious what happened to your stomach.   

I had diastasis, damaged skin and discoloration. 

If I had gained all over evenly, I probably wouldn't have had a problem either. I gained it ALL in the belly. Like I mentioned in the previous post, my DS was 9.12, hence the huge belly. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was overweight when I found out I was pg.  My Dr. warned me to watch the weight gain but I only gained 12lbs and it was all water retention.  Some women have an easy time with it, others dont.  Your weight or weight gain during pg does not cause GD.  It can happen to anyone regardless of their weight or weight gain, its strictly hormonal.

Gestational diabetes is the result of some hormonal changes that occur in all women during pregnancy. Increased levels of certain hormones made in the placenta (the organ that connects the baby by the umbilical cord to the uterus and transfers nutrients from the mother to the baby) interfere with the ability of insulin to manage sugar (glucose). This condition is called "insulin resistance." As the placenta grows larger during pregnancy, it produces more hormones and increases this insulin resistance.

Usually the mother's pancreas is able to produce more insulin (about three times the normal amount) to overcome the insulin resistance. If, however, the pancreas cannot produce enough insulin to overcome the effect of the increased hormones during pregnancy, sugar levels will rise, resulting in gestational diabetes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At the first appt he told me I was underweight and to shoot for 30-35 pound gain. I gained 35 and he never said anything.
  • I lost 20 lbs during my pregnancy, and I had GD.  My doctor never mentioned anything about my weight loss.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"