Infertility
Options

Follistim & Menopur Side Effects

I just started my Follistim (75IU 2x a day) and Menopur 1x a day yesterday. What are side effects you experienced on this combo? I've had a horrible headache, which has been around since I started Lupron 2 weeks ago....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Follistim & Menopur Side Effects

• Options

I had a very mild headache with stims, but it didn't seem to last the whole time and I made sure to drink a lot of fluids (I get headaches from dehydration).  I was on microdose Lupron (20iu) on this last cycle and didn't notice a difference.  I was on 450 of Follistim or Gonal-F. 

I think the Lupron headache is infamous.  :(  Hope you feel better soon!!

• Options
    Hello, I was on both Follistim (50-75IU) and Menopur (1x a day) and didn't have any side effects other than major bloating and developing a mild form of ohss later on after stimming.  The menopur burned a little when I gave myself the shot but that was it. I only used the Lupron as my trigger shot so sorry I cannot be of much help w/having used that drug for long. I'd tend to wonder if it wasn't the Lupron that was causing your headaches? I hope you feel better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hang in there.  I am on 225IU of Gonal F and 75IU of Menopur (once per day). I'm also taking 5 units of Lupron per day.  I'm on day 5 of stims. I had headaches for the last few days on Lupron through day 1 of stims.  Drinking LOADS of H2O has really helped with the headaches.  Also, my acupuncturist placed needles along my brow line, which was the same time the headaches subsized. It could be a coincidence, but something to consider if you do Acup. GL!!    
    Aug 11 - Nov11: IUI #1,2,3 & 4 BFN
    Jan 12: IVF #1 - BFP!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a headache and tiredness from lupron. Once I started Follistim ans Repronex it went away. I didnt really have any lingering s/e from the stims.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Not too much in the way of side effects from the actual drugs -- I did have a mild headache off and on for the first couple of days but if I kept myself well hydrated it went away.  (It does seem like I've had to drink more water while stimming.)

Now that my E2 level is up, I'm having more moodiness, facial break-outs, etc -- but that's from the hormones produced by my body and the follies, not the stims themselves.

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Options

I never have any side effects from Follistim and find the injection itself to be super easy! No complaints on that one. Menopur burns a little and I seem to have flu-like symptoms for the first couple of days. Other than that, just the eventual effects of a rising e2 and growing follies!! I'm looking forward to starting stims this time, as some of the nasty Lupron s/e's seemed to go away as my e2 rose. FX your headache resolves soon!

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"