2nd Trimester

Decaf Coffee

Is drinking decaf coffee okay?  I haven't been drinking coffee at all ever since I found out I am pregnant, not even decaf.  I haven't had the desire but suddenly I am starting to crave my morning cup of hot dunkin donuts coffee Wink

I assume drinking decaf is okay for the baby but just want to make sure before I indulge!  Thanks ladies! 

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Decaf Coffee

• I switch between decaf, regular and half-caff, for a total of about 1.5 cups on any given day. You are allowed up to 250mgs of caffeine so don't sweat it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • decaf is absolutely fine! only has like 6 milligrams of caffiene.  and like pp said, you are fine as long as you are under 200 mg.  I do half caf.  I went completely caffiene free for my first 2 months and then decided I could not survive work with out some! I looked it up and then consulted my doctor.  :-)  enjoy your cup!!!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • It's OK - even regular coffee or tea is OK as long as you don't drink too much of it! You can ask your doctor, but I think the standard for women who don't have a high risk pregnancy is 500mg/day... So it's even OK to have 1 cup of regular coffee every morning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES! absolutley fine. I also have some regular. Sometimes a regular cup, sometimes half-caf. I feel better when I do. I am sure to keep it under the "allowed" amount.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you drink decaf coffee, try and find coffee that's been decafinated through a water process (as opposed to chemical).  The cafeine content in decaf isn't an issue, but the chemicals used in some decafination processes might be.  Although, if you only drink a cup or so a day, it's probably NBD either way.

• Totally fine! I drink it just for the taste and smell in the morning. 

I wonder what real caffeine will dork me after this long break?? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My Dr gave me the okay. Especially because I can have a problem with headaches/migraines (that don't require special prescription meds). A cup of coffee usually fixes me right up. I usually have 1 cup every day or two. It's extra tempting now that we got a Keurig for XMas and ordered lots of yummy fun flavors. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm like you, absolutely no coffee and Coke (generally speaking, I've treated myself to 2.5 cans thus far) during pregnancy.

I *know* it's OK but I just choose not to.

If I need a wake up I usually have a cup of tea. But I have been craving decaf white mocha a lot!!! So I have been having those :)

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I read recently that a little chocolate a day (preferably dark), can make you have a happier baby. I thought back to my first, and I had chocolate everyday, and she was a healthy 8 pounder who smiled everyday! She's now 8, and still super happy. Don't indulge, but I say, enjoy that chocolate!!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"