Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Wrong diaper or wrong size?

DD has started to have blowouts at least 4x a week for the past 2-3 weeks, they always explode up the back (never the legs or front).  She is ruining clothes left and right!  My DS never ever had blow outs (guess I was lucky with him).

So my question is do you think she is wearing the wrong diaper (she wears Pampers) or the wrong size (size 2 (she's 15 lbs)). 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Wrong diaper or wrong size?

• Well my opinion is the size......I switched to size 3 when DD was around 13-14lbs. She has never pooped that much so It may just be that. I would switch sizes....that of course is my opinion.
    Lynette Kaitlyn Jones arrived August 23rd, 2011! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • I am getting ready to switch to 3 and my DS is 16.5 lbs.  I use Luvs which I have heard people say that they hate, but I have to tell you that I have never had one blowout, nor has he leaked out.  I swear by them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We had the same problem with Pampers Size 2. We made the switch when LO was 14.5lbs, and the 3s we don't have blowouts.
  • If she's anything like my LO it's not the diaper at all.  He only has a bm every 3-4 days so it's always a super blow-out.  I'm not sure that there is anything that I could do to avoid it given there is so much of it.  I usually have to bathe him when he has one because there is absolutely no way to clean him otherwise.  So I don't really have any advice on the diapers.  As for the clothes, on the other hand, presoaking them in hot water with a little Oxy-Clean has taken all of the stains out of his clothes.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We had this exact same problem & for us it was the diapers.  Once we switched (from Luvs to Huggies) everything was fine.  
  • imagebabyAutumn:
    If she's anything like my LO it's not the diaper at all.  He only has a bm every 3-4 days so it's always a super blow-out.  I'm not sure that there is anything that I could do to avoid it given there is so much of it.  I usually have to bathe him when he has one because there is absolutely no way to clean him otherwise.  So I don't really have any advice on the diapers.  As for the clothes, on the other hand, presoaking them in hot water with a little Oxy-Clean has taken all of the stains out of his clothes.  Good luck!

This is my DS too, although he has about one super-BM every day. I can usually catch it before it shoots out the back but I have about 2 per week that escape. I find that if I rinse the clothes right after it happens and use Sunlight bar soap on it, I've been able to get out all the stains. Good luck to you! 

• Give Huggies a try! DD1 blew out every diaper in sight until I tried those and TADA... So I started DD2 straight in Huggies - well...she is more of a Pampers Baby because she blew up the Huggies...I learned the hard way that each baby is different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"