June 2011 Moms
Options

Talking

How much is your LO babbling? Mine mostly screeches and squeals. Only every so often will I catch him "talking." I have found myself actually not talking a whole lot to him, but mostly making goofy noises that'll make him giggle. I SAH and talk to him some, like when I'm getting his food ready or changing his dipe or playing with him, but otherwise it's pretty quiet around here. I hope this isn't a problem. I'm not very talkative in everyday life but I hope that doesn't affect him negatively. Anyway, my question, does your LO "talk" a lot? 

Re: Talking

• Options
    It varies from day to day. Some days she's super chatty and noisy and other days she's really quiet and pensive. I also sah so I find myself talking to her more because it's so quiet otherwise. Our 13 year old lab past away last week so I'm trying to be extra noisy so I don't notice that he's gone (even though I do and get sad). I just realized that I don't mimic her as often as I should so I need to make more of an effort to do so. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    She does.  And it cracks me up.  She gets so serious when she's 'talking'.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    some days lots of babbling, some days just noises-- I think she's still just testing out her skills :)
  • Options
    while she still makes all the other noises we get mama baabaa kaaaa hassle aaahhh daadaa and a few others. depends on her mood in when.she decides to babble.
  • Options
    It depends on the day.  Some days he's super talkative and other days he's pretty quiet. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Depends on her mood, but she really talks when the cat is in view.... and she just started saying and repeating "mama" the other day!
  • Options
    He is pretty quiet unless he is yelling at me, mama, baa, ahhhh etf.

Image and video hosting 
by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelovesdogs13:
    It varies from day to day. Some days she's super chatty and noisy and other days she's really quiet and pensive. I also sah so I find myself talking to her more because it's so quiet otherwise. Our 13 year old lab past away last week so I'm trying to be extra noisy so I don't notice that he's gone (even though I do and get sad). I just realized that I don't mimic her as often as I should so I need to make more of an effort to do so. 

SO sorry for your loss. *hugs*

I have a total chatter box. She chats it up all day long. We are finally getting mmaaaammaaaamamamamaa. It's awesome! 

• Options
    Depends on his mood, but if he's happy he babbles a ton. Lots of ma, ba, ga, ka, da, hi, uh, and combinations of those. He also does a lot of screeching/grunting/yelling just to test out his voice. However, he went through a period from about 6-close to 7 months where he barely babbled. He went from talking a lot to absolutely nothing except yelling/screeching/grunting/raspberries, and then back to tons of babbling seemingly overnight. So I wouldn't worry - could just be a quiet phase for him :).
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It varies day to day. I've been trying to take out small chunks of time every day (10 minutes or so at a time throughout the day) to help her learn new sounds. She recently started doing bababa (repeated B sound)... and I've been doing the D sound at her (DaDaDa). She stares very intently at my mouth, watching what it does when I talk. I'm also trying the M sound with her too. I did this with my DS, and it helped him quite a bit when he was a baby. She's a master at B and O... and of course, squealing. lol
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"