August 2011 Moms

I think my baby has ADD

He cannot, will not nurse if there's any kind of distractions.  I have to nurse him side lying in another room away from everyone and everything.  God forbid the phone rings, a dog barks, DD runs into the room, or someone speaks.  He can't even nurse with the TV on.  He'll scream from hunger and yet be straining his head to see what's going on.  I even have to hold his hands lest he distract himself trying to pull on my shirt. 

Does anyone know where I can get some little baby Riddlin to keep him still enough to eat?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I think my baby has ADD

• When you find out, let me know.  I've taken to blatantly ignoring H if he tries to talk to me when baby is eating.   She can't handle me talking.   I even give her a bottle for her last feeding just because I can chase her head around with it better than I can with my boob. NIP is now downright scandalous.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We went through this for two weeks- it was awful and I attributed it to the 4mw based on everything else that was going on.  The first couple of times I had to spoon feed him a bit of expressed milk to get him to calm down so I could try to nurse him.  For awhile the only way he would eat is on his back with me crouched over him (super comfy btw) so he could look from side to side (and drag my nipple around- fun fun). 

Fortunately it got better after about two weeks.  Now he'll pull off to play with my hair, look around, or grin at me, but then will latch back on.  Or he'll do what I call drive-by nursing and eat greedily for just a few minutes and then insist upon being done.  Nutball.

M/C: 9/28/10
    My BFP Chart

photo a3c7ba5d-b9a0-4b3a-ac17-214495329b9c.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image BnchaNums:
    When you find out, let me know.  I've taken to blatantly ignoring H if he tries to talk to me when baby is eating.   She can't handle me talking.   I even give her a bottle for her last feeding just because I can chase her head around with it better than I can with my boob. NIP is now downright scandalous.

Me too! My husband just thought I was ignoring him the first few times I did this until I explained it to him later. The minute I start talking it's all scratching at my boobs and arm flailing- and no eating!- from then on. :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • My little one needs to be doing multiple tings to focus on doing one.. Lol If she is eating she has to e playing with the burp rag, my hair or blanket. Its pretty cute.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker