Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Returning Formula to Walmart w/o receipt?

Hi,

Has anyone returned formula to Walmart without a receipt?  My son has an intolerance to the formula now and I have 5 containers to return?  Is there a limit to what can be returned without a receipt?han

Thanks!

Re: Returning Formula to Walmart w/o receipt?

• Options
    I don't know if special rules apply for formula, but I imagine it would be like returning anything else without a receipt, you wouldn't get $$ back, but store credit.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options
    The customer service just gave me conflicting information,  At first they said yes as long as unopened.  Then I said I had 5 containers (all are unopened and expire in 2013) and then a manager said no final sale.  That is odd.....they just conflicted with their own policy.  Not going to buy from them again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd e-mail customer service on their website, when they reply, print it and bring it to the store with you.

It sounds on their website like "perishable" items need to be "pre-authorized" with why you are returning them.  That may be your issue.

You can also only do 3 no-receipt returns every 45 days, so that may be part of the issue too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You could also try selling it on craigslist or the swap spot although I've had no luck swapping our nutramigen for soy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips!  Will try Craigslist and look into the webpage.  
  • Options

imageHappyAardvark:
    I don't know if special rules apply for formula, but I imagine it would be like returning anything else without a receipt, you wouldn't get $$ back, but store credit.

This as long as its not expired (or near expired) also-- I do now you can only mae 4 non-receipted returns in a year (they'll enter your drivers license # so you cant just go to a diifferent store) so I'd return them all at once. We stocked up on size NB and way too many 1s...so we took lie 10 packages back and it only counted as 1 transaction, but had we tried to return 1 package at a time we wouldn't have been able to return more than 4 if that maes sense...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard other people say they won't do it because of WIC. Women would be able to abuse the system by returning their formula without a receipt. Just what I've heard.
  • Options
    I've taken some back a few times, they'll take anything. You'll just get store credit instead of cash.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    They will not take formula back without a receipt. I tried to echange mine today because the can was half opened and I did not know when I bought it. All Iwanted to do was trade it for a new can and they would NOT let me. It was even their Parents Choice brand formula.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"