Attachment Parenting
Options

DC and BLW

So LO has been doing BLW for two months.  He actually consumed his first meal (wherein I felt he ate more than ended up on the floor) this week.  We've been away from DC while I've been on winter break.

How do I start with DC?  I'm at a loss here.  

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16

Re: DC and BLW

• Options

Have you talked with your daycare provider?  What did (s)he say?

We started off offering DD long, french fry-shaped foods and they wouldn't allow that at daycare since they consider it a choking hazard.  We couldn't send finger foods until she had her pincer grasp and was able to eat smaller pieces of food there.  Our choice was to let DD only eat momma milk at daycare until she could eat finger foods there.  They were puzzled by it and occasionally asked us to send in purees, but we did what worked for us.  They got used it to.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageC-Charm:

Have you talked with your daycare provider?  What did (s)he say?

We started off offering DD long, french fry-shaped foods and they wouldn't allow that at daycare since they consider it a choking hazard.  We couldn't send finger foods until she had her pincer grasp and was able to eat smaller pieces of food there.  Our choice was to let DD only eat momma milk at daycare until she could eat finger foods there.  They were puzzled by it and occasionally asked us to send in purees, but we did what worked for us.  They got used it to.

I haven't broached the subject with my DCP.  I feel like there's never a good time to have a conversation.  I do pick-ups, and there are 7 other littles running around (okay, they're usually coloring when I get there, but...), and other parents coming to pick up.  When do people talk with DC?  

LO has his pincer grasp, but I've still been giving him larger pieces too because he's not super successful with getting the little pieces to his mouth.  Do I just send little pieces and tell DCP that it doesn't matter if he gets much down the hatch?

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My situation is a little different since DD is at daycare where I work.  I was VERY nervous sending food in for them to feed her and waited until she was about 8 months old before sending it in.  I printed out some information about BLW and was able to be there the first few times they gave her food.  Even so I sent in very "safe" foods at first  - avocado, sweet potato, etc. - until I felt they got the hang of it.  By biggest worry was that since they didn't have to spoon feed her they wouldn't be watching her as carefully.  It's turned okay.  They seem to get a big kick out of a baby eating "real food" and are always very curious about what I send her (she's a vegan like me).  In fact, one of the other moms decided to do BLW based on seeing DD eat.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"