Minnesota Babies

I think there is a few ladies who see Dr. English at Metro here

Just wondering if you're not following him to his new practice and you're staying with Metro OB which OB you're are switching to? Trying to decide if I want to make the drive to stay with him or just switch OB's at Metro. I really loved Dr. English so I'm having a hard time deciding. 

Re: I think there is a few ladies who see Dr. English at Metro here

• I see Dr Flynn with Metro OB. They're the main OB group that comes to my work. I would be comfortable seeing any one of them personally, they're all great doctors. So if someone else in their group ends up delivering my little one it will be perfectly fine by me. I know Dr Knoedler trained at the same place Dr English did. Best of luck making your decision.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I will be following Dr. English, but he will be closer to me now. When I moved to a SW suburb I continued to see him even though the drive from my house was 45 min. If we have a third child I will miss delivering at Woodwinds. FWIW, Dr. Less delivered my first and he was very nice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Which practice is he moving to? 
    image??? Baby Jane born sleeping @ 22.5 weeks ??? MY OWN NUTSHELL -- The Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLifeInANutshell:
    Which practice is he moving to? 

OB GYN West

https://www.obgynwest.net/meet-our-doctors/doctors/eric-english-md.html

He'll be delivering at Fairview Southdale now. 

• Dr. English did fertility testing and helped me get pregnant with DD1, but I returned to my family doc for the rest of my care. Dr. Mjanjer got called in at 1am to sew up my 3rd degree tear from DD1. Not sure if it was getting called in in the middle of the night or what, but I did not like his bedside manner at all. He seemed quite annoyed. Dr. Grande performed an ECV when DD2 was breech (a couple of them actually, lol) and I liked him. Another friend of mine sees Dr. Kelly and really likes her.
    imageimage
  • I think I will go see him for my yearly just to at least check the place out, but it's quite a bit longer drive for me--30 minutes vs. 5. I'm not sure how soon we will be trying for #2. We might be out of the area completely by then.

FWIW, I really liked Dr. Mies. She rounded on me while I was in the hospital after Dr. English delivered DS last summer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNoBeautyQueen:
    Dr. English did fertility testing and helped me get pregnant with DD1, but I returned to my family doc for the rest of my care. Dr. Mjanjer got called in at 1am to sew up my 3rd degree tear from DD1. Not sure if it was getting called in in the middle of the night or what, but I did not like his bedside manner at all. He seemed quite annoyed. Dr. Grande performed an ECV when DD2 was breech (a couple of them actually, lol) and I liked him. Another friend of mine sees Dr. Kelly and really likes her.

Nope, Dr Mjanger is just like that.  I have never met him but he delivers where I work and one nurse said that when he goes in to talk to patients she feels the desire to go in after and just apologize. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekris_kelsey:

imageNoBeautyQueen:
    Dr. English did fertility testing and helped me get pregnant with DD1, but I returned to my family doc for the rest of my care. Dr. Mjanjer got called in at 1am to sew up my 3rd degree tear from DD1. Not sure if it was getting called in in the middle of the night or what, but I did not like his bedside manner at all. He seemed quite annoyed. Dr. Grande performed an ECV when DD2 was breech (a couple of them actually, lol) and I liked him. Another friend of mine sees Dr. Kelly and really likes her.

Nope, Dr Mjanger is just like that.  I have never met him but he delivers where I work and one nurse said that when he goes in to talk to patients she feels the desire to go in after and just apologize. 

I was probably just as mad at him for taking so long to get there as he was at getting called in, but at the time my annoyance was hidden behind that new mom glow. I am glad to hear that it wasn't just me though! (Well, not glad that other people have to deal with his "style" but glad I wasn't just imagining it or personally pissing him off.)

imageimage
  • I really liked Dr. English but won't be following him.  I live in Woodbury so it's just too far of a drive.  We're done having kids so I've gone back to my primary care physician for routine annuals.  My cousin sees Dr. Flynn and really likes her.
    imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"