August 2011 Moms

what are your resolutions?

I always have the best of intentions but have a hard time following through. This year I'm going to keep it simple. I plan to model healthy eating for my lo (this could be tricky..I love my sweets) and try to make some time for me once a week or so.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: what are your resolutions?

• No alcohol during the week (not because I have a problem. It will cut out calories).

One can of coke per day, otherwise drink only water. Also, increase water consumption.

3 meals and 2 snacks a day, all including fruits & veggies.

No more eating junk food all the time. If I do have junk, portion control.

STOP EATING WHEN I'M FULL!

This resolution resulted in 35 pound weight loss two years ago. I'm hoping it will happen again, and I won't get pregnant this time. I will also try to add in exercise, but I'm gonna be more focused on the eating part first. Let's not get too crazy and become unrealistic. I did order the 30 Day Shred, though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Eat more. Cook more at least 4 times a week (and then actually eat the food I cook) Get more alone time - by myself and with DH.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageS-Tuna:

No alcohol during the week (not because I have a problem. It will cut out calories).

tee-hee-hee, you make me giggle Tuna!

I resolve to be a more understanding wife and find a better way to balance work/mommyhood.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • DH and I bought a treadmill. I really want to run a half marathon in summer or fall, even though I'm super out of shape. I figure if I can work on that, my other weight loss and healthier living goals will go along with it.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • I want to cook more (and order takeout less!) and lose a few inches! Happy new year Mamas!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Have more sex and get ready in the mornings. I think the sex might actually be easier.
  • H wants to start eating less meat and processed food so I think I'll get on board with that.  

My resolution is to keep up with my cleaning routine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • A.) Exercise 3-5 times a week. I did this before I was pregnant and now I hardly get any exercise at all. I'd really like to get back in shape.

B.) Keep a cleaner house. It's not bad, but it's very small and as such always looks cluttered and crowded. I think along with this goal I'm going to have to simplify and get rid of some things I don't need or use anymore.

C.) Develop healthier eating habits. I am a sucker for junk food. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. breastfeed until the 1 year mark.

2. build strength and endurance - I'm getting close to losing too much weight from BFing and feel I am also losing some muscle - not a good thing considering I love to hike in the mountains and need to be able to keep up with my speedy DH.

3. go on a good trip - either with or w/o LO, but we need to make sure we keep up our traveling even though it's going to be a bit more difficult logistically now.

• 1. Eat more.

2. Exercise less.

3. Gain weight.

I NEVER stick to my resolutions.  In fact, I always do the opposite. I'm being smart about it this year. It has to work Big Smile

• Breastfeed until O is 1. No sodas (this actually started 4 weeks ago and I've stuck to it. 2 lbs down just from dropping them. DH works for Pepsi..this can't be good!). Move forward in our dream to become debt free!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"