Trouble TTC

*New Year's Regimes*

Alright ladies... this is my first post so please bare with me :)

With January 1st it will be ttc 11mnts! I decided that with our new year and before I have to start very expensive fertility treatments I would try something natural. I have pcos so I had some ideas of some herbs that help to regulate and other things. I bought 3 things.

1. NF-X from Nature's Sunshine. Helping with regulation, ovarian health, and several other things.

2. Life-Mate from Natural Wonders. Metabolism Maximizer and lots and lots of other things.

3. DHEA plus from Life-flo. Helping lower testosterone levels and getting rid of some of this cursed ugly hair growth.

It was actually quite amazing, I went to the herb shop and the lady there actually had PCOS, the first one I've ever met personally! She started using these and got pregnant within two months. I am hoping and praying that these will help me if not getting pregnant, at least with other things! I let you know if it works.

What are some of your regimes?? 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Re: *New Year's Regimes*

• Hello! I also have PCOS so I totally empathize with the frustrations and also the ugly hair growth!! I haven't really been TTC, but we haven't done anything to prevent it. I went off the pill in June and got a period at the beginning of July. I didn't have anything until my NP put me on Provera in September. She tested for ovulation on CD21 and nada. Due to insurance non-coverage, we decided to wait and start the Clomid (at NP recommendation) until after Jan 1 when my new insurance kicks in. Husband has done an SA and it came back all normal except for low morph so he's been on vitamins and we'll retest once the ins kicks in. Otherwise, as far as regimes, I'm kind of a newbie. I'm now on metformin, this is my second month. I know I need to lose weight and so far I haven't noticed this helping at all. Not to mention I haven't had a period since September (drug induced) so I'm not sure it's helping ovulation either. To make an already long story short, I may face a lay off in March so we're probably going to continue to "not try" until I know for sure whether I'll get to keep my job or not. I should know within a month or so.

Anyway, this is rambling, and I apologize. It is nice to hear from someone who has PCOS and also actively TTC. I'm on babycenter too, but it's a PCOS weight loss board and the focus is weight loss, not so much the TTC portion of it. I'm going to have to try your regimes, thanks for the ideas. Keep me posted on how things work out! 

• Thank you for replying! I'm so glad I found thebump.com! I honestly thought I was the only one out there. My husband is also sort of between jobs right now and I don't have insurance ( a little scary) the last time I saw a doctor I was 16 and being tested for cysts the first time. I'm 20 now and I really should probably go get check-ups! Also, may I ask... what is babycenter?? I certainly know I need to lose weight and the beginning of a new year is always the best to start. I wouldnt mind joining this.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Babycenter.com is another website and they have a community with forums as well. There are a bunch of different forums, but I also belong to the "PCOS Weight Loss" board. It's definitely focused more on weight loss and not really TTC. if you don't mind me asking, do you have a lot of weight to lose? Ideally I should lose around 75lbs, but I'd be happy if I lost 50. I need to do much better---I'm not consistent with my efforts.
  • No, no, of course I don't mind you asking that. I'm about in the same position. But, hey, i'd be glad enough losing 20 pnds. lol if ya know what i mean. <3  i think i will join the babycenter.com do you have the same username on there? And tell me about it, I really am driven to do it I think I'm not very consistant either. Plus, I just really, truly can't stand vegetables!  lol Thank seems to become such a problem.
  • I think you mean "regimen"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • oh lol! I surpose thut eye shud czech mi spelin be4 eye poste!  :)
  • oh lol! I surpose thut eye shud czech mi spelin be4 eye poste!  :) I meant it to be plural though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"