3rd Trimester

Moms of 2+: Breastfeeding question

Did your milk come in more quickly with your second? I weaned DD after my first trimester, so my body hasn't had too long of a break. Any knowledge or experience on the subject?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms of 2+: Breastfeeding question

• Yes, it took 5-6 days with my first and only 2-3 days with my second. I was still in the hospital with my second when it came in.
  • image bellabeck:
    Yes, it took 5-6 days with my first and only 2-3 days with my second. I was still in the hospital with my second when it came in.

Thats good to know! Mine took 6 days w/ds too and it sucked. I hope this time it's quicker!! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image bellabeck:
    Yes, it took 5-6 days with my first and only 2-3 days with my second. I was still in the hospital with my second when it came in.

I am hoping this is the case this time around since I will be more experience with the whole BF thing.  I know it is normal to take up to 5-6 days, but it is also stressful.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Yes it came in faster. With DD, I had her on Monday and my milk came in Friday, With my DS, I had him on a Wednesday and I believe it was in by the Friday.
  • Both were about the same, 4 days.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yep, it came in pretty quick with my second. It was before I left the hospital.
    Caroline (5), Kyle (3), Lucy (01/04/12)

2012 Goal: working towards pre-pregnancy speed!
    04/15 KI Metric Marathon/16.3 m (2:05:55, 7:43 pace)
    05/06 Frederick 13.1 (1:41:09)
    11/04 NYCM
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image bellabeck:

Same here.  My milk came in when ds was two days old.  I also didn't have the engorgement problems I had with dd, which was REALLY nice. 

• image pinksweetpea2:

image bellabeck:

I am hoping this is the case this time around since I will be more experience with the whole BF thing.  I know it is normal to take up to 5-6 days, but it is also stressful.

Agreed!  DD's pediatrician was pushing bottle/formula feeding so much and I felt so horrible, like it was my fault my milk hadn't come in.  I'm looking forward to an easier transition (hopefully)! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards