1st Trimester

Anyone else dry heaving instead of actually throwing up food?

At this point, i'd feel better throwing up actual food rather then air.  I've been nauseas since I basically got bfp and starting at 6 weeks I starting dry heaving every morning and then remaining nauseas all day after.  

Anyone else have m/s like this?

Last time, I got sick twice my whole pregnancy and was just pretty queasy most of the time...not like this. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else dry heaving instead of actually throwing up food?

• Yes.  It was the same with my first baby also.  Always nauseated, making beelines for the bathroom at times thinking I would vomit, and then nothing.  I often think if I would just throw up I would feel better!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had that with #1, I'd drink some water just to have something to vomit.
  • Loading the player...
  • I gag several times throughout the day, but I have only thrown up once. Things that used to not bother me suddenly are causing me to gag.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have not throw up yet and I am nearing 12 weeks. However, just like you, I have dry heaved pretty much since I got my bfp at random times. One thing I dry heave everyday  with is brushing my teeth! I had to get new toothpaste to ease it, but it still happens. Also after certain things I eat, such as desserts etc. so yes Im experiencing dry heaving and have never throw up, so weird!
  • It sucks! I think I freak my husband out by dry heaving, but I can't help if nothing comes out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Same here i've only actually thrown up once and thats because i made myself. I usually just have a pretty nasty gag reflex to odd things Huh?

• imageshrtfrkgrl:
    It sucks! I think I freak my husband out by dry heaving, but I can't help if nothing comes out!

mine too!!!! haha 

• I have as well. It's so random. Most days I feel queasy and then all of a sudden, I'll get the urge to throw up but end up dry heaving instead. It's gross, and it just comes on suddenly.

And I agree with previous posters--brushing my teeth sets it off a lot too.

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • My DH is a little freaked out by it too...he doesn't understand why I can't throw up lol

DS is mocking me which is nice...lol 

• Yes! I dry heave several times, and gag periodically throughout the day! Think I've only thrown up twice in the past two weeks, but I feel nauseous just about every day. Ugghhh...
  • Mostly, I just feel generally crappy and nauseous but have had a few dry heave experiences. This has been going on since mid week 7 and I still have not thrown up.
  • This is me too.. 6-8wks now and I think Ive only gotten sick 2x. 

But I had an "iron-clad" stomach.. and only ever vomited when I was anxious about something.  

And the worst of it is always at night an right before I need to go #2(tmi?)

Just reinforces how unique everyone's pregnancy can be :P 

BabyFetus Ticker image image
  • CONSTANTLY!

It's all day, every day, gagging....occasionally actually throwing up, but mostly dry heaving until my stomach cramps so hard I think I'll die.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"