1st Trimester
Options

I can't breathe through my nose!

I have had a horrible sinus infection since Sunday.  I talked to a pharmacist, a nurse at my doctor's office, and my doctor her self, and they all told me different kinds of medicines I could take.  None of them being the same!  I don't want to take anything because all of the different answers didn't really reassure me.  However, I am miserable!  Do y'all have any suggestions or tips of things I could do or try?  Can I use Vick's at night to help me BREATHE?  Thanks everybody in advance!

Re: I can't breathe through my nose!

• Options

I swear by my neti pot. Its akward to use but it works like magic. There has been some bad press recently because two people in Louisianna used theirs with bad tap water... you HAVE to use distilled water!! I would research it and try it out. I know that if you have inner ear issues it can be contraindicated... but its worth checking out :) If that doesnt work, maybe a nasal spray will help break up the mucus...good luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageljanette85:

I swear by my neti pot. Its akward to use but it works like magic. There has been some bad press recently because two people in Louisianna used theirs with bad tap water... you HAVE to use distilled water!! I would research it and try it out. I know that if you have inner ear issues it can be contraindicated... but its worth checking out :) If that doesnt work, maybe a nasal spray will help break up the mucus...good luck

This.  Neti pots are amazing but after reading about the people who died, well, I won't be using anything but distilled water from now on!  The good thing about Neti pots is that there is no limit to using them when you're pg- it's natural, no medicine so you can use them multiple times a day as needed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Check the Vicks jar for a warning against using it when pregnant or google it. Take all the suggestions you got and see what class the medications are. You can find the class rating of drugs online. Non-medicated options would be saline sprays or neti-pots. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageilovemygirls:
    imageljanette85:

This.  Neti pots are amazing but after reading about the people who died, well, I won't be using anything but distilled water from now on!  The good thing about Neti pots is that there is no limit to using them when you're pg- it's natural, no medicine so you can use them multiple times a day as needed.

sounds good tips.

• Options
    I've never gotten then hang of a neti pot so I always use saline spray and breath right strips at night if I have a cold or am congested.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a cold myself and my dr said I'm allowed to take sudefed. So I've been taking that with saline spray and breathe right strips
  • Options
    im having the same issue. i have been using the neti pot and sudafed nasal decongestion pills.  im also buying a warm mist humidifier.  from what i read this doesnt really go away completley until you give birth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"