January 2012 Moms

Baby dropping - 2nd pregnancy

I woke up today and my belly is noticeably lower. I was carrying really high before. I never dropped with DS so this is new to me. My doctor did say last night that the head is very low, but no progress. That's how it happened with DS then boom water broke with no warning of being in labor! Ugh! The guessing is making me crazy :)

I know it's supposed to happen right before or during labor the second time around, so I'm wondering if this is a sign baby is coming soon. I'm probably unlike everyone else and am actually hoping to skip having a Dec. baby and have baby in January. I'd love to avoid the holidays, so maybe it's just me being nervous.

Anyone know if it's possible to drop early with your second but still hold out for a week or two?? 

DS 5 years old
DD 2 years old
{Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby dropping - 2nd pregnancy

• I'm not due to January 13th and have dropped. I started dropping like over a week ago. This is my second. My doctor said at my last visit that her head was right there but I was only dilated 1cm. I heard the same thing that you don't drop with the second until you go into full labor but I know I have. We did have a scare with contractions on Sunday and had to go to hospital to have them stopped. I have been having them all week but they aren't really strong and not close together yet.

Hope this helps you!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I have also dropped and I have no idea how far along I am because I haven't had (nor do I plan to) an internal yet.  My sister however has had 4 kids and with each of them has dropped 3 or 4 weeks before having them, so just because it's your second (or third or whatever number) doesn't mean that you will go into labour right after you drop.  Baby could still hang in there for a few weeks!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Loading the player...
  • I've started to drop and I'm 2cm dilated, 60% effaced.  My doctor said it could be any day or it could be another week or two.  Her guess is as good as mine.  I'm also hoping for a January baby...good luck!
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I dropped early with DS (he is my second), and held that way for about a month. It was so uncomfortable. This baby just started to drop this past week, but I think she still has a little ways to go. for me, it didn't mean labor was soon. Either way, not too much longer. Yay for being full term :)
    Caroline (5), Kyle (3), Lucy (01/04/12)

2012 Goal: working towards pre-pregnancy speed!
    04/15 KI Metric Marathon/16.3 m (2:05:55, 7:43 pace)
    05/06 Frederick 13.1 (1:41:09)
    11/04 NYCM
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies! You're making me feel better! I really feel completely fine other than a little more pressure from a lower baby...no contractions or BH. Hopefully LO stays put for at least another week and a half!
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always heard that 2nd time moms don't drop until labor but everyone I know IRL dropped weeks before labor and much earlier than they did with their 1st.  I never dropped until labor with my 1st.  I haven't dropped with this one either.  I had an internal on monday and my OB commented on how crazy high he is.  Oddly enough, I'm 2cm and 30%.  How the hell am I making progress if he's up in my ribs?  Weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not due until Jan 21st and I dropped a week ago - EVERYONE is commenting on how much lower I'm carrying as of this week.  I'm still here and will only hit 36 wks tomorrow, so I'm not anticipating this baby arriving too soon (scheduled for a section 1-12-12).  For what it's worth, I never dropped with my daughter so this "dropping" business is all new to me too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"