Secondary IF

AMH levels

So the RE drew mine last week, and I'd never had it checked before. He said 7 is a full reserve, but anything greater than 2 is considered normal. They just called and mine is 2.9. They aren't concerned at all, but holy hell, that sounds low Tongue Tied

He also mentioned at my consult that anovulatory women tend to have a lower reserve. Guess that's why. 

7/09 miracle DD born
3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
Dori
"Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"

Re: AMH levels

• Mine is 0.19. Now yours doesn't sound so low, LOL! Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is undetectable.  Can you lend me some of yours?
  • Loading the player...
  • I have heard all different things about what is normal, but 2.9 sounds awesome. I honestly think there are different scales for measuring it, b/c I have seen all sorts of things online. I just googled it and found this:  https://www.advancedfertility.com/amh-fertility-test.htm 

Mine is 1.4 and I'm only 27. My doctor told me it is really such a new test that they haven't really established what exactly "normal" is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have had my AMH tested twice. First was .19 and second was .3. Yours is awesome.
    42 yrs old. DS born 4/10/11 after 2 losses TTC # 2 for a year AMH .3. FSH 7 AFC 6 Doing a CLOMID IUI cycle
  • I'm sorry for sounding like an ignorant a$$, ladies. I had no idea until now what AMH was or how low/high it could be. Thank you for sharing your numbers with me to put this in perspective. I will be thankful of this number and hope it means good things for my egg retrieval!
    7/09 miracle DD born
    3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
    9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
    10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
    11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
    12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
    http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
    Dori
    "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"
  • Sorry, I'm late to the game here, but yeah, I'd also be thrilled with a 2.9.  Mine about a year ago was 1.5, and they were thrilled with that for my age (41 then), but in July it was down to 0.87.  Not thrilled.  

However, I can totally see why you'd be worried bc of that range.  But really, you can take that off of your long list of things you are worried about right now, and focus on just being strong and healthy!

My heart is with you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2.9 is great.  With 7, my RE would be very concerned about OHSS.  My AMH was 2.2 and they got 33 eggs at my retrieval today.
    DD#1, Alexa, Born 8/08; TTC # 2 since 3/2010; 8 IUI BFN; 1 cervical pregnancy in April 2011; IVF #1 Dec 2011 worked. EDD = 9/7/12. Bedrest starting 6/4/12. Julia Mae born 7/1/12, home 8/12/12. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"