2nd Trimester

NT Scan Tomorrow... terrified!

At my 10 week appt I was told the baby had substantial (IDK how they define substantial, and they didn't let me see) fluid from the top of the baby's head to the tailbone. I have a US picture, but the lady took it at an angle that you can't see the nuchal translucensy fluid. I am terrified that something may be wrong with my little one. I have been told for years that I couldn't get pregnant, and I have finally conceived a little maricle, and now I am scared that something is wrong. Everyone kept asking me what gender I wanted, and all I have said is I just want a healthy baby. Anyone else have fluid around the baby that much during their 12th week? I go for my nuchal transluncency scan tomorrow at 1, and I am just sick to my stomache and worried. I know the NT scan can't say for sure, but I am scared that I will have to decide whether or not to get an amino done if they say I am high risk. I'm scared that if I get it done I will m/c and then find out nothing was actually wrong. I'd blame myself so much if that happened. But the amount of stress of not knowing for sure for the next 6 months would be awful. I just hope for good news tomorrow.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NT Scan Tomorrow... terrified!

• Ultrasounds are not always accurate. Take a deep breath and try to stay positive, as hard as that is. Good luck. Praying for you!

• Praying everything is ok and that your mind will be at ease :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the prayers. Staying positive is so hard, I am doing my very best, and keep telling myself everything will be okay. It's just hard to ignore that nagging "what if..." in the back of my head.
  • I don't believe they can make a real assessment of fluid levels and birth defects until 12 weeks, which is why they do it at 12 weeks. I will say a prayer for you and your little miracle tonight. I felt that same stress before I went in for mine.... Stay positive :)
  • I am twelve weeks and a few days as of today, 2 and 1/2 hours till my appointment. trying to stay positive.

Thank you for the prayers <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"