2nd Trimester

26weeks with lots of cramping,worried pls help

I'm 26 weeks and the past two weeks ive been having a lot of cramping here and there, i have been having it all morning since i woke up. I don't remember this much cramping when i was pregnant with my daughter and am worried that it is a problem. Should i go to the hospital to find out, im just thinking they're going to tell me it's ligament pain and nothing to worry about. I kind of want to go anyway to get peace of mind

thoughts, suggestions? please help

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 26weeks with lots of cramping,worried pls help

• Have you tried lying on your left side and drinking lots of water?  I had off and on cramping for like a week with DD, and that's what I did.  It felt like menstrual cramps, very light and not uncomfortable.  I mention the water cuz that is what I was told to do when I called L&D, so they'll probably suggest that.  That was the only time I had cramping with my DD.  With my DS, I cramped all the time for no reason.  I had it this time, too, but it has let up in the past few weeks.  I would make sure you're hydrated, but if you are really worried, always call.  That's what they're there for!  Good luck!
    imageimageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • thank you, ill try drinking some more water i already drank a liter of water this morning thinking maybe that is why the cramping is going on. baby is kicking on and of so that is reassuring! would you suggest more rest or anything
  • When I finally called after about a week of cramping, they told me to lie on my left side for like 40 min and drink as much water as possible before coming in to see if it would stop.  When I randomly had cramping with DS or with this one, it didn't matter if I was resting or not.
    imageimageimage
  • If they are not timeable, I would try drinking a ton of water and laying down completely to see what happens.  But the bottom line is that if you are concerned or uncomfortable, call your on-call doc or L&D and seek advice.  Better to be overly cautious than sorry later.  You won't be the first anxious pregnant woman they see (probably not the first today, even) and you certainly won't be the last!

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Drink tons of water, lay on your left side or try taking a warm bath. I've gone in to pre-term labor so many times this pregnancy and this is the standard advice they give me before I go in to the hospital.  Also put a call in to your OB or call L&D at your hospital.  Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • call your doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have found that I cramp a lot more this pregnancy, but I would call your doctor if you're worried.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• agree water seems to be the cramp cure- if laying down on your side and drinking tons of water or even juice doesn't help- call your doc
  • Thanks everyone, i ended up going to the hospital and everything is fine she said it was probably RLP and maybe from sex the night before. She said to come in next time if i have contractions 4-5 in one hour. Thanks everyone!!
  • imagemommyaudra:
    Thanks everyone, i ended up going to the hospital and everything is fine she said it was probably RLP and maybe from sex the night before. She said to come in next time if i have contractions 4-5 in one hour. Thanks everyone!!

Good to hear everything is fine! 

imageimageimage
  • Glad to hear everything is fine!  I've been having this same problem the last week or so.  I called my on call Dr the one night & she told me to lay down, feet up, & drink some water.  Said it sounded like RLP but wanted me to go into the office the next day just to make sure all was ok.  When I went to my appt the dr checked my cervix & all was fine!  He said since it's my second pregnancy I'm probably going to feel things a lot more then last time, espcially since it's only been almost 2 years since my last pregnancy.  And that I also will feel more stretching due to my scar tissue from my csection!  Told me just to take it easy when I start feeling crampy & make sure to drink lots of water! 
    BFP#1 11/9/08 m/c 12/31/08 D&E 1/5/09 BFP#2 5/3/09 Emma 1/19/10 BFP#3 7/9/11 Aidan 3/8/12 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"