Working Moms

need tips to hide pregnancy for interview!

I'm hoping to leave my postdoc and get a 'real' job in the next few months! I finally scored an interview with a venture fund as an analyst; 2 problems

1) I have no idea of how to dress. I still dress like an academic (read: jeans everyday and a sweater with running sneakers)

2) I have no idea how to hide this belly! lol, I'm almost 18 weeks with my third baby (in 4 yrs) and I'm meeting these people monday!

help!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: need tips to hide pregnancy for interview!

• A dress with some give to it with a blazer jacket over it.  To hide the belly get some control top hose or girdle that is as tight as you are comfortable with.  Carry a bigger purse that you can prop in your lap and keep in front of your belly in general.
    BabyFetus Ticker imageimage
  • Interviews to me = suits.  Whether you wear a suit or not, I would definitely wear a jacket of some sort.  I'm 18 weeks pg with my 2nd and when I wear a blazer/suit jacket you can't tell.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wore business-y pants with a cardigan and a plain tank and they couldn't tell I was pregnant and I am way farther along than you. It worked and I was offered the job and told them after and they were fine with it. 
  • Black pants - either maternity or a few sizes big to fit you now, flowy top (they have some layered ones at the Loft), and then a blazer to cover.  Carry a purse or notebook and put in front of you.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"