August 2011 Moms

California baby wash

So.. I was using the Aveeno wash and shampoo but wanted to switch to something Organic. Well about a week after I started using it I noticed one small (size of the dime) rough dry spot on her tummy.. Now I am noticing more. This is the only thing I have changed so I feel like this has to be the cause. We see her doctor next week and I would like to go back to the aveeno since we still have it. 

My question is.. do you think I should call the doctor about it and see if he can get her in earlier so he can see it or do you think I should just switch back for the week and see if it goes away?  I always feel sorta silly about things like this because I second guess myself. I dont want to keep irritating her skin.

Does anyone know of a website that has  pictures of baby rashes? I would like to see that maybe its just dry skin or something along those lines. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: California baby wash

• My baby gets dry patches frequently regardless of the wash we're using. You can use Aquafore for those patches -- they should go away in less than a week.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It might also be the cold, dry air depending where you live - 

I get dry skin in the winter. 

• I would assume it's whatever I had changed (in this case the wash. When I've seen allergists for my own skin issues the first thing they ask is what have I changed?

If the Aveeno is working for her I'd stick with it, or try a different organic brand. If the dry patches stick around after going back to the Aveeno I'd assume it was something unrelated to what she was being washed in (i.e. detergent, the weather, etc.) JMO.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"