Toddlers: 24 Months+

Any LO's still not a fan of sitting on Santa's lap?

LOL.  I thought this was the year--but just as he got fairly close he got nervous.  Although he didn't cry---which was great.  He just decided to stand over by Mrs Claus (they were a pair for the pics)---so it helped. 

I really want a nice photo--but this one just didn't look so good--as DS1 was still nervous about the whole situation LOL.  I really want to get a nice photo with DS2 though --since it's his first Christmas =(

Re: Any LO's still not a fan of sitting on Santa's lap?

• The instant we walk into a mall, DS reminds me that he does NOT want to see Santa, ha ha.

• imageJoannaJes:
    The instant we walk into a mall, DS reminds me that he does NOT want to see Santa, ha ha.
    This
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine loves Santa from a distance - she loves looking at pictures of him, talking about him, seeing cartoons of him, and waving to him at the mall. As soon as we get close, she clings to me and states that she does NOT want to sit on Santa's lap. We had a bit of a break-through on the weekend when she actually approached him and gave him a high five - but that was as close as she was willing to get. Maybe next year!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to visit Santa and as she walked up to him she said "Don't touch me Santa, just give me my candy" hysterical.....and embarrassing. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we just went to see Santa and DD#1 did not like him...cried and DH had to sit with her ..but she loves looking at Santa and taking about him in pictures and goes HO HO when she sees Santa...maybe next year :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD stood about 6 feet away from him and talked to him, but did not want to sit next to him or on his lap. Oh well maybe next year.
  • We went with my Brother and Sister in Law and their kids. We let them go first so DS could watch and then we let Santa hold DS#2. After a few minutes of that we told DS#1 he would get a piece of candy if he sat on Santa's lap and took a nice picture. It pretty much worked. He still was a little nervous but we got a descent picture out of it.

I do want to add we didn't go to a mall Santa, this guy spent a lot of time with the kids and talked to them and made them feel comfortable too. It wasn't just a quick plop him in the lap, snap the picture and go. It was about 15-20 minutes worth of time to get him in the lap and the picture taken.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He was scared out of his mind last year, but this year he was really excited.  He will be 4 in 3 months.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageacia:
    Mine loves Santa from a distance - she loves looking at pictures of him, talking about him, seeing cartoons of him, and waving to him at the mall. As soon as we get close, she clings to me and states that she does NOT want to sit on Santa's lap.

This is how DS is too.  He likes to talk about Santa and sign songs about him, but not really "see" him.  I actually kind of like the "magical" part of Santa and not trying to see too many Santas everywhere you go...then it becomes too much.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've had to sit with Santa too to get her to even come close to him
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Um, yeah.  DS is going on Wed to see Santa and I've been talking to him about it.  I told him he'll get to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wants for Christmas.  He either tells me "Oh, Momma sit on Santa's lap" or "No, Own (his word for I) sit on Momma's lap!"  ;)   Maybe that means he wants to sit on my lap while I sit on Santa's lap?  I'm worried that'd break poor Santa's legs.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"