3rd Trimester

Kick counts question

My ob told me today to start recording fetal movement.  I need to check how long it takes for me to feel 10 movements.  I start doing it, and I'm wondering, would "jab-jab-jab-jab-KICK!" be considered 5 movements, or is it considered one sequence?  TIA!

m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kick counts question

• i dunno, I would have counted it as 5. but my LO jabs kicks stretches hiccups and wriggles constantly.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • I've read somewhere that any type of movement, roll, stretch counts, except for hiccups (if you can distinguish it).
  • Loading the player...
  • imageharmonicbabe26:
    I've read somewhere that any type of movement, roll, stretch counts, except for hiccups (if you can distinguish it).

This. 

My MW and I just went over this.  Any distinguishable movement is to be counted.  So 5 movements could be counted. Good luck!

imageMake a pregnancy ticker

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for your replies!  My previous ob didn't have me count kicks, so it's all new to me...
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • personally, i think they can make u nuts. never have done them before. I didnt consistently feel this one until 30 weeks which was stressful and at 30 weeks. there were hours i didnt feel her. I go with my gut- if I havent felt her I lie down and drink something sweet, etc and wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"