Infertility

I can't believe this, part 2

So, I have missed about 10 days of school with egg retrieval, doctor's appointments and work required off site meetings. I have informed my chitlins that I won't be here next week and my mom is going to be there and they better be good or no Christmas party like they got no Halloween party because they were so awful last month. Well, a mom called and complained that I was missing too much work and wanted to know why. I told her it was for medical reasons but she got mad when I wouldn't tell her what I had. She did ask if it was contagious and I almost laughed (she has a boy). However, she called my principal and then the superintendent. Really? I wanted to scream, although my boss was giggling!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: I can't believe this, part 2

• Oh my goodness! That is insane! I mean that mom that complained and asked you if you were contagious sounds insane! I seriously doubt any principal or superintendent could take someone like that too seriously! 
  • Wow, as a teacher too I can sympathize! And how wrong and nosy of that parent! In my school there has been several teachers that have gone through IF so being late is ok with my principal on those days, others cover because monitoring appt.s are all 6- 7:30 AM, so I don't need to take off. But IUI I did and ET. ER fell on a holiday. It's really hard because they didn't give us enough warning for my husband who teaches to get a sub so he missed me ET. No one gets how hard it is to take off work!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow!  I thought the parents at the school I taught at was crazy.   I'm sure your principal and superintendent with support you, but the nerve of that woman.  I'm sorry you had to go through this.
    TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
    3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
    3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
    Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015
    2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
    September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• wow. pretty ballsy.  I'm also laughing at the contagious/she has a boy thing.  cooties! Wink
    Us: 39(me)/41(he). TTC since April '11. DOR/MFI. March '12: surgery to remove fibroids, cysts, and endometriosis.
    IVF #1: 9/13/12. ER: 9/25. 3R, 2M, 1F. ET: 9/28 (1-6B). Beta: moved from 10/11 to 10/10: BFN.
    IVF #2: 11/12 cycle postponed due to Sandy and then cancelled due to elevated E2.
    IVF #2.1 cancelled due to cyst.
    IVF #2.2: 2/2/13. Converted to IUI. BFN
    IVF #3.0: 3/2014. BCP & Microdose Lupron.  Cycle cancelled due to poor response.
    IVF #4.0: 2/2015. EPP @ new RE. ER: 3/8. 3R, 3M, 1F. ET: 3/11 (1-8cell). 3/23 Beta: 16.9. 3/25 Beta: 71.6. 3/27 Beta: 300. 3/29 Beta: 800 3/31 Beta: 1816. 4/1 Beta: 4342. m/c at 6w2d. Goodbye little one. I loved you already.
    P/SAIF Welcome.
    My Blog
    imageimageBirthday image

• I did forget to mention we had another child of hers a few years back and she was crazy then, so everybody knows that! I just couldn't believe she went this far this time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • OMG! I can't believe how ridiculous some parents are. You should tell her to be more worried about the kids running around that haven't been vaccinated being contagious.  

It is none of her business. As long as your boss knows that everything is okay that woman has no right to ask such a thing. Of course you wouldn't be around the kids if you had something infectious. GEESH..people never cease to amaze me.  I just can't believe how rude people are.

Hang in there. I hope that you are finding the humor in how badly this woman needs to get a life. :)

Me: 39 DH: 39 Dx: MFI, DOR, Poor Responder Our only option is IVF with ICSI; 1/11 IVF#1.1: Lupron flare, canceled lead follie/poor response; 3/11 IVF#1.2: EPP, canceled due to lead follicle/poor response; 10/11 IVF#1.3: Antagonist, microdose HCG, 2 embies 2dt BFN; 12/11 IVF #2: Stims started 12/17, ER: 12/27 3R, 1 mature, 1 fert, other 2 eggs matured overnight and rescue ICSI performed and both fertilized! (frozen on 12/30), On 12/29 1 2d 4-cell, grade 1 embie transferred. 1/12: Scheduled Beta, FX'd! IVF Snowflakes!
    Photobucket
  • Oh my! Someone is a little cray cray! Dont you wish you could tell her to STFU and mind her own business!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"