Trouble TTC

?'s about my plan?? (kinda long)

AF came a few days late last month, and I think it was from taking Clomid for the first time. My doc bumped me up to 100mg of clomid this month (last month I did 50mg and produced 4 nice follies, but on the wrong side). She is hoping to stim my right ovary since my left has ovulated the last 3month. I am currently cycle day 5, and plan to start my OPK's on Monday CD#10. I have always had postive OPK on CD#14, but not sure this month after the lenghtened cycle. Is that when you guys would start your OPK testing? 

My other question is... A urologist I work with ordered a repeat SA and testosterone level for my DH as well as a ultrasound of the scrotum. Will the impending IUI, I don't know when to do the SA. The problem is the lab I have to use only does SA on Tues and Thurs between 6am-8am! Should I just wait until after(if) we do the IUI? That way we can continue to do the baby making dance and still have good numbers for IUI?

If all goes well we will do an IUI this month. I can't keep being diappointed its driving me nuts. I would at least like the chance to do IUI if my darn ovaries would cooperate!

Thanks for listening!

Married June 2007
IUD Removed Dec 2009
TTC April 2010
HX: IF workup in June '11
Me: 29, Left Tube Blocked
DH: 28, Low Sperm Count/Morph
Trying for IUI Aug, Sept, Oct '11 - no go O'ing on left
Nov - 50mg clomid, 4 follies, wrong side - BFN
Dec - 100mg Clomid - IUI#1 - BFN
Jan '12 Break Cycle and RE Consult
19Jan2012 - CD#1
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: ?'s about my plan?? (kinda long)

• I don't have anything to contribute on the SA, however I wanted to chime in that I start my OPKs on CD10 when I'm on Clomid.  
    TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would probably schedule the SA for the week after your IUI.  That way it won't interfere with your IUI timing and you will get the results before your next cycle (assuming this IUI doesn't work) and you can make any necessary changes.  For example - I was in a similar situation and after the data from the Femara/IUIs and the SAs and uro appts. - we moved right onto injects for the next IUI.  Good luck!
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Loading the player...
  • Personally I would schedule the S/A for Tuesday next week.  That will be cd10 for you.  Have sex tomorrow or Saturday so that he is then in the 3-5 day since period they like for S/A's.  Since your IUI probably won't be until cd13-15 he will have time to "recover" his boys in time for his sample.  Most doctors ask that you have sex 36 - 60 hours before the IUI so even if you have a monitoring appointment that day and they tell you to trigger than night he still has over 36 hours for recovery.

I'm of the mind of earlier the better only because if they want to put a "new plan of action" in place for him it will be 70-90 days til the effects are shown in his sperm so I'd want to get that going ASAP.  But that's me looking in hind sight how we delayed several things that I wish we hadn't.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"