Parenting

What are the different Nintendo DS types?

anyone know? and what is best for 5 year old? i am looking at the dsi i think but i have no clue what the difference between the all are.

Re: What are the different Nintendo DS types?

• I'm not an expert and this might be wrong (LOL) but DS Lite is the oldest of the bunch.  You have to purchase games for it.

DSi - newer version.  Can download games and can use DS games.

DSi XL - same as DSi but screen is larger (this is the one I plan on getting for Joey, 7 and Cam, 5.5).

3DS - DS in 3D

• Yes, the DSi also  has a camera and can connect to the internet..
    image Alcoholism is not determined by how much you drink or how often, but by negative consequences in your life that do not alter your drinking habits.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageeriona:
    Yes, the DSi also  has a camera and can connect to the internet..

how does it connect to the internet? i don't have to pay a monthly fee do i? i am leaning towards the dsi xl now after reading some things online.

Thanks for the info!

i don't understand any of this gaming stuff, but my 5 yr old loves it. 

• There is also a DS Lite but it does not have a camera and can't connect to the internet. DS Lite was the second DS released and is the one my DD has. The DSi connects through WiFi so if you have wireless internet, then there is no extra charge. The only charges there would be are for games you download etc. Same for the XL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"