Preemies
Options

Milestones ?

Hey ladies, wondering about feeding/crying/sleeping "milestones." I know to expect the major milestones at his corrected age, but just wondering about less major things. For example, cluster feeding/growth spurts at 3w and 6w, newborn crying peak at 6-8w, increased wakefulness at 4m. I always read about these things and wonder if they happen with preemies. Any experiences if/when these happened? One final thing, I'm totally eager for a smile- at what age did you get your first "real" toothless grin?
BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.

Re: Milestones ?

• Options
    Everything we've experienced has been somewhere between actual and corrected age so far. For example, they started having real smiles around 2.5 months (6 weeks corrected), had growth spurts around 2w and 4w adjusted, wakefullness around 3m adjusted, etc. We've seen them a little earlier than expected for their adjusted age, but not always consistent.
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagehaziedaze:
    Hey ladies, wondering about feeding/crying/sleeping "milestones." I know to expect the major milestones at his corrected age, but just wondering about less major things. For example, cluster feeding/growth spurts at 3w and 6w, newborn crying peak at 6-8w, increased wakefulness at 4m. I always read about these things and wonder if they happen with preemies. Any experiences if/when these happened? One final thing, I'm totally eager for a smile- at what age did you get your first "real" toothless grin?
    I am glad your son is doing so well. Henry is a little cutie. I hope he starts smiling soon for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We experienced most all of the typical milestones, and according to adjusted age.
  • Options

imageEricaK28:
    imagehaziedaze:
    I am glad your son is doing so well. Henry is a little cutie. I hope he starts smiling soon for you.

Thanks sweetie!!!! You are getting so close... will be stalking to see your LO when the time comes!

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, it's been mostly adjusted age milestones.  He does a few things that are at actual age, but mostly adjusted.  He smiled at 2 months adjusted (almost 4 actual). 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Maeva had all the typical growth spurt milestones, almost to the day. Her first real smile was at about 6 weeks. She never really had any increase in crying, she's pretty even tempered most of the time. She just started sleeping through the night at about 14 or 15 weeks (8 or 9 weeks adjusted).
    All you need is love... Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"