2nd Trimester

VBAC

If any moms who have previously had a c-section and then decided to do a VBAC please share your story. I am debating on whether or not to have one after a c-section. Also they don't preform them here in my city but I can go an hour and a half away and have one so I am torn on what to do but I am leaning towards VBAC. Thanks.
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: VBAC

  • I have not had one yet but I can tell you why I want one...

    I had my daughter after an emergency c/s and 48 hr failed induction. She was at 34 weeks.

    I really want a VBAC becasue I feel like the end of my pregnancy was kinda taken from me. I for probably selfish reasons want to experince what most people experince, pain and all!

  • I am hoping for a VBAC also this time, because I've been told that generally the healing process is much faster. My Dr's and hospital completely support them as long as i'm a good candidate for it. They also told me that they wouldn't let me labor to long or hard for fear of my incision breaking open. A chance to try for a vaginal birth is all I can ask for though. I don't want to do any harm to the baby or myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm trying for a vbac and hopefully it'll happen! I didn't want a C with DS at all, but for a bunch of reasons and things that happened during his labor, there was no other option. :(

    I had a great recovery, but the overall experience wasn't what I wanted. I want so badly to deliver my baby vaginally and be able to hold him within seconds of his delivery. I didn't get to hold DS for almost 2 hours after my C. :( Plus I want the "surprise" of going into labor. I don't want to have to plan a C, that would give me a lot of anxiety waiting for it.

    It's a personal decision, some people prefer another C. Talk to your OB and read about it. Also visit the VBAC board.

    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I attempted a VBAC with #2. Went into labor spontaneously, dilated to 10, pushed for several hours, and ended up with another c-section. Totally worth it to me, even though I was really disappointed.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • So would you have to switch doctors if the closest facility for VBACs is 1.5 hours away?  I would also be a bit concerned about being that far from the hospital when you go into labor. 

     

    Im going to try for a VBAC but my regular OB is completely supportive. Check out the VBAC board (link at left) for more info.  

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • I'm hoping for a VBAC because we want another baby not too long after this one, hopefully.  If I ended up having a c-section, fine, as long as we are both healthy, but I think it's definitely safer for the next pregnancy to have a VBAC.
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

    Proud mother of two breech babies:)

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hoping for a VBAC as well. My doctor is all for it if I am a good candidate. She said we'll schedule a CSection for on or the day after my due date, and if I go into labor on my own that is great and we'll take it from there. IF I do not go into labor before my due date or on my own, i'll come in for my scheduled C Section and she'll evaluate me from there. If my cervix is ripe and ready then she will induce, if not we'll do the CSection. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards