November 2011 Moms

need wisdom: early labor contrxn vs BH

Can real labor contractions be provoked by movement?

I've been having pretty severe contractions every 10-15 minutes for about 2 hours.  About half an hour ago I decided to try and lie down on the couch and since then I've noticed that the contractions are not as frequent and I can pretty much guarantee to start one if I move around (shift positions, get up and walk, etc)  Does that mean they're BH?  These are WAYYY more painful than any BH I've had so far - like at 7/10 in pain where BH were painless or maybe a 2/10.

I've tried googling this but I can't seem to find anything!!  Any second time moms with experience to share? 

Thanks in advance! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: need wisdom: early labor contrxn vs BH

• This was happening to me about a week ago, I called L&D and they told me to wait it out.  Sure enough it petered out after about 5 hours.

Hope you're luckier than me and it's the real thing!

• That's kinda how labor started for me....more intense BH contrax, but they stopped when i moved around.  That happened all day last Wed for me, from morning, till night when I got my boys to bed.  then I laid down and they started up, and they HURT- there was no doubt it was real labor contrax.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine were the exact opposite. If I got up and did things, they'd stop. But if I relaxed they were more intense. Until they got to the point where I was certain it was labor, and then nothing I did would stop them. It sounds like you are super close!!! Good luck!

"There are people who have charm and some people who don
  • However or whatever they are I'm sooooooooooooo cheering for you!!!!  My fingers are triple crossed.  Big Smile  I would say if you are having any sort of "pain" that you can't walk or talk though - whether standing up OR laying/sitting - I would call the doc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I really hope that this IS it for you but it sounds like false labor to me. Well, at least it sounds like my life and Im in false labor all the damn time. hahahaha
    [center]image
    image [/center]
  • I had them for 3 days before I went into labor :/ my labor started with the same pains, just closer together... But they got more painful after about 2 hours