Breastfeeding

EBF Best Moment...

I woke up in a good mood today (got a pretty decent nights sleep for EBF-ing a 2 week old)...

Decided that I wanted to hear what you like best about breastfeeding... I have three:

1. I love that I am feeding my baby the BEST thing for him :)

2. I love that when people come over and I feel like they have been holding my baby for hours, that I can steal him back to feed him.

3. I love moments like right now when I feed him and he falls asleep on my chest. 

Happy Saturday! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: EBF Best Moment...

• 1.That when we're out and he's hungry, I always have enough milk at the perfect temperature.

2. That (when he was EBF) he'd only poop every couple days and it could all go straight in the wash with his diapers.

3. The cuddles. The looks of pure adoration. Maybe you get those with a bottle, too,  but this way they all belong to me.

• 1.  I love the way my LO uses nursing as an excuse to reconnect after I've been away from her all day working.

2.  I love when she smiles at me with a mouth full of booby and giggles all without unlatching.

3.  I love that I have a way to put my LO to sleep that doesn't require crying (for her or me), and the fact that I can hold her after she drifts off and enjoy her sweet face. 

I savor these moments as I fear they will pass too quickly. 

I could actually go on and on. . . I never thought when I started BFing that it was about anything besides feeding my baby the best thing for her.  After 7+ months, I'm so glad I stuck with it to get to this place where there really isn't a down side for me. 

• Loading the player...
  • I love love love nursing when my babies are older (over 12 months), when it's much more about comfort and bonding than straight-up feeding them.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• imagemesmom2011:

1.  I love the way my LO uses nursing as an excuse to reconnect after I've been away from her all day working.

2.  I love when she smiles at me with a mouth full of booby and giggles all without unlatching.

3.  I love that I have a way to put my LO to sleep that doesn't require crying (for her or me), and the fact that I can hold her after she drifts off and enjoy her sweet face. 

I savor these moments as I fear they will pass too quickly. 

I could actually go on and on. . . I never thought when I started BFing that it was about anything besides feeding my baby the best thing for her.  After 7+ months, I'm so glad I stuck with it to get to this place where there really isn't a down side for me. 

Amen!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1.I love to see the look of pure satisfaction in her eyes when she's eating.

2. I love that feeding time is OUR moment.

3. I love that I can get out of the house with so little preparation.

4.  I love that I don't have to sterilize anything and that it's always ready!

Wow, I feel so lucky to be able to experience all this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• 1) I love when he looks up at me while eating. It means the world to me. 

2) love that right when he taste the milk he gets so excited he pulls off smiles and then attacks my boob like he has never eaten before lol.

3) I love when he falls asleep on me.  

• 1.  love when she falls asleep nursing, wakes up later, and has the hugest smile on her face when she sees me

2.   love that all her little fat rolls come from me feeding her!

3.  love that I have never once paced the halls with her at night or had to do anything other than roll over and give her a boob

4.  love that despite DH and I being sick twice, she has been perfectly healthy from the antibodies in BM

5.  so grateful to have a good supply and be able to donate a bunch of BM that will help a teeny baby to survive 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"