Breastfeeding
Options

Recommend your pump

Hi there,

I'm currently in my second trimester.  I am planning to EBF but am not sure what kind of pump to register for. My insurance will cover the cost, so if I don't get it as a gift I'll go that route (unless someone has a different suggestion).  I wasn't sure what kind to look into?  I will be going back to work part-time and working my way back up to full-time (I'm self-employed).

Thanks for any input!

Re: Recommend your pump

• Options

I have an Ameda Purely Yours. Another popular one is the Medela Pump in Style Advanced.

I prefer the Ameda because of the design - it's a closed system that can't get moisture in the lines and motor.

• Options
    Def want to get a double sided pump..I love my Medela Pump in Style Advanced.

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Medela Pump in Style Advanced. I like it because I can take the pump out of the bag and throw it into my diaper bag (whereas the other Medelabpumps remain in the bag- the back pack and tote). It's a little more pricey than the others but has been working well for me :)

Ps. Breastfeeding is hard!!! I am EBF and I started pumping after a week due to my son being tongue tied. The pump saved my BF relationship! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:

I have an Ameda Purely Yours. Another popular one is the Medela Pump in Style Advanced.

I prefer the Ameda because of the design - it's a closed system that can't get moisture in the lines and motor.

Yes  Another vote for Ameda here. I love it just about as much as anyone can love a breast pump.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I started with a Playtex pump (it was a gift) and it worked fine for the first couple weeks. It started losing suction and then my pump time started getting ridiculous. I went to BRU and bought the Medela PISA and it is fantastic. I saved a bunch on my Medela btw. The price listed for it on the website was $50 less than what was listed in the store. I pointed it out and the manager adjusted the price and I was able to use one of the 20% off coupons that are always in the paper. You might want to check how your insurance works for that. I have BCBS and I had to mail in my sales receipt and then they reimbursed part of the cost. The PISA is definitely worth the extra money though. Very quiet and comfortable.The Playtex started quiet and as the pump wore out it just kept getting louder which was super annoying.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageALY1981:

This! Love it! 

ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagechulita425:

imageALY1981:

This! Love it! 

Ditto!

• Options

I love my The First Years MiPump. It comes in single and double. I have the single, and though the motor didn't work well at first (kept shutting off), I called the company, and they were extremely courteous and promptly sent me a new motor, free of charge (just had to send old one back). No problems since then :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"