Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How soon after sitting up do babies learn to sit themselves up?

DS learned how to sit up unsupported this week, but just when I place him down.  How soon after that do babies usually get themselves into a sitting position?  I'm mainly wondering because of his crib mattress position.

Re: How soon after sitting up do babies learn to sit themselves up?

• DS has been sitting unsupported for about 6 weeks but hasn't came close to getting into a sitting position from back or belly....he hasn't figured out how to get to back or belly from sitting either!
  • Mine sat up unassistent at about 7 months and started getting themselves into a sitting position about 3-4 weeks ago.
  • Loading the player...
  • Charlotte has been sitting since 7 mo, but still can't get into a sitting position. Alice has been sitting since 8 mo, and just started getting into a sitting position this week.
  • For Joseph, it was about 2w.
  • For DD it was within a couple of weeks.  One morning I went to get her from her crib and she was sitting there looking at me and smiling.  It was crazy!  I would lower the mattress sooner rather then later.  For us sitting up and learning to pull up happened really fast.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was sitting unassisted by 5 months, got himself into a sitting position once around 6 months, but really just started doing it all.the.time a couple weeks ago.  So - 1.5 months between?
  • DS has been sitting on his own since about 5 months but still can't get there himself.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS was sitting unsupported around 6.5 months but still can't get there himself. I was just thinking about the crib position yesterday because it's still on the highest setting. He's not pulling to stand yet either so I guess we've got a little bit of time but it should be done sooner rather than later.
  • My DS started sitting at 7 months and learned to sit up himself in the last 2 weeks. It came at the same time he learned to crawl. He now gets from tummy to all fours to sitting.?

I will say now that he can do this "trick" he hasn't slept well at all. Last night was horrid. All he now wants to do is sit up in his crib and even does it in his sleep, waking in a sitting position and crying. It's been horrible and I hope the novelty wears off soon.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD sat unassisted around 5.5/6 months, but didn't start pushing herself to a sitting position until around 8 months. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"