Pregnant after IF
Options

low estrogen during early pregnancy?

I was wondering whether anyone had very low E2 during early pregnancy and whether it was ok, what you did about it, and what your RE had to say about it. I had my P4/E2 checked yesterday (5dp5dt) and my estrogen was very low - 40 pg/ml. I am starting estrogen supplements today, but I am still quite nervous about it. I got a +hpt this morning at 6dp5dt (yeah - hi guys! way too early to officially, intro, but I hope I will be joining you for the long-haul), but beta isn't until Sunday. Any experiences would be appreciated...thanks!
IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
IVF #1 = BFN
FET #1 = BFN
FET #2 = BFN
IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
~~
TTC again March 2014
FET #3 - May/June 2014
-
all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762

Re: low estrogen during early pregnancy?

• Options

yea, i don't produce enough estrogen on my own, so they had to supplement my pregnancy, i was on estrace 2x day until my 9th week, then at that point, the placenta is making enough to sustain the pregnancy.

but congrats on your +hpt!!! GL!!

**~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'd say they will probably keep you on estrogen supps until 12 weeks.  I was on them until then.  I took 3 estrace tabs a day by mouth and a patch, changing every other day.  They should be able to tell you more once they check your bw again.  Best of luck!  Hoping to see you over here for the long haul :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Blog
    TTC since 4/09 - Dx PCOS 1/10, HSG: All Clear
    4 Failed Clomid cycles of varying degrees
    Clomid + Bravelle + Trigger + IUI = BFP!!
    Ectopic M/C 9/16/10 ~ Forever in our hearts <3<BR> IVF using Donor Eggs (DE) 6/11
    BCP+Lupron+Estrogen+DE ET+PIO = BFP!!!
    Beta #1: 507 #2: 1561 #3: 4,472 #4: 11,172

BFPBs Sul06, MrsW722 & SnowflakeBride06
    GL to Mari2003 and all of the rest of the 3T Ladies
    :) SAIFW :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi hon!!! I'm so glad to see you here and hope you're around for the next 8 months! I never had my estrogen checked, but that's because they kept me on estrace for about 8 weeks. I would expect them to keep you on them for a while and that should help :)

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options
    Congrats on the +hpt!! So happy for you!!

I'm on estrogen pills 2x a day until 10 weeks.

Good luck to you, and I can't wait to see your formal introduction here!!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was on estrogen for quite a while before pregnancy and at the beginning (1st tri). I am very happy to see you over here btw! Congrats!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I have no advice on the estrogen, I was never on them, but wanted to tell you Congrats!! So happy for you, I hope your beta comes back great!!

You never know who is rooting for you, I remember when I first started lurking and you got a bfp, and have had a long journey since then, I have been rooting for this day for you. I am so happy and hope this is your take home baby!

1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
    Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
    Welcome to the world princess!
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • Options
    I started estrogen patches the day of transfer, but never had my E2 checked. I just wanted to send you good wishes for this pregnancy. I hope you will be doing your official intro soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had low E2. I had low everything! They upped all my drugs I'm on 4 patches every other day and an estrodile pill everyday. At every blood test the levels go up a little bit but I've still had bad levels the whole time and everything is right on target!
    Round 1 July 2010... 50mg Clomid + Ovidrel Injection + IUI (7/22) = Failed Round 2 Aug 2010.. 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel Injection + IUI = canceled due to cysts Began Acupuncture Aug and Sept during break cycles Round 3 Oct 2010.. 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel Injection +IUI = BFN Round 4 Oct 2010..2.5mg Femara+ Ovidrel + IUI = BFN ****IVF #1 JULY 2011, 10 Frozen, awaiting FET****** IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies! On my previous cycles, I was always on estrogen pills since transfer, so it was never an issue. I just wish I had been on them since transfer this time around, too. Oh well...hopefully starting now will do the trick! I am now on 4 pills a day (1mg each).

jbeck - your message made me so happy, thanks!

IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options
    My RE doesn't check estrogen in early pregnancy.  So, I have no advice.  I just wanted to say, I am so happy you got a +HPT!!!  I hope everything goes well and you are officially introing here really soon!!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"