November 2011 Moms

Help! Thrown up 2x today..cant keep anything down!

This is the second time i've puked my brains out in the past 12 hours! I cannot keep anything down! It's like my digestive system has shut down or something. The second i've finished peacfully eating my meal, it all comes right back up (and I dont even eat that much at all!) I dont understand whats going on.. I tempted to call the doc, but honestly, what can she do about? Has anyone else experienced this being this close to the end??

Re: Help! Thrown up 2x today..cant keep anything down!

• I have had vomiting problems the whole pregnancy, but this close to the end my Dr. said to call if I was so sick that I couldn't keep anything down. The nurse said that can be a sign if pre-eclampsia, so I would think a check up call would probably be a good idea just in case. 
  • I've been vomiting throughout as well.  I would call the doc if it's something new, but what helps me is sticking with liquids when I really feel awful.  Soups, smoothies, Ensure, milkshakes.
  • image desine77:
    I have had vomiting problems the whole pregnancy, but this close to the end my Dr. said to call if I was so sick that I couldn't keep anything down. The nurse said that can be a sign if pre-eclampsia, so I would think a check up call would probably be a good idea just in case. 

^This, I read it can be a worrisome sign of pre-ecalmpsia. You should call just to be safe and keep the doc informed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image desine77:
    I have had vomiting problems the whole pregnancy, but this close to the end my Dr. said to call if I was so sick that I couldn't keep anything down. The nurse said that can be a sign if pre-eclampsia, so I would think a check up call would probably be a good idea just in case. 

^This, I read it can be a worrisome sign of pre-ecalmpsia. You should call just to be safe and keep the doc informed.

• Darn... sorry for repeat, my net lagged and I didn't think hitting post twice would affect anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards