Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Party Favor question for Winter One-derland party :)

I was going to make these cute little snowmen out of pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate and then decorated but with the amount of them I need to make I think it will take WAY too long so a friend of mine suggested "smores to go" since smores go along with the colder weather.  She suggested doing a graham cracked halfed in a treat bag with a large marshmellow and fun-sized hershey bar but I found this on Pinterest and am thinking maybe this would be cuter?  Just trying to get some advice on what would be a good favor :) TIA!

https://www.tipjunkie.com/smores/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Party Favor question for Winter One-derland party :)

• Options
    Those are really cool!  We are doing mittens/gloves for everyone.  I'm going to hang them over our fireplace as a decoration and then everyone gets to take home a pair.  I found them at the dollar store for $1 a pair. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I could see that taking a long time.  I was going to dip marshmellows in chocolate and sprinkles, less time, same effect.  I also am going to scour the dollar store to see if I can get some cheap gloves and lay those on a tray for a favor, since it will be winter, I thought it was cute.  I saw that on pinterest with a little tag that said something like 'warm thanks for coming, get home safely!'
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepitterpatter129:
    Those are really cool!  We are doing mittens/gloves for everyone.  I'm going to hang them over our fireplace as a decoration and then everyone gets to take home a pair.  I found them at the dollar store for $1 a pair. 

Lol, were you reading my mind? :) 

• Options
    You could also make "snowman soup."I think it is a package of hot chocolate, a candy cane as a stirrer and some marshmallows. Put all of the pieces in a cellophane bag with decorative ribbon. A friend of mine always makes them as a little something to pass out at work at Christmas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That looks delicious and not too complicated. I think it really depends on how much time you have/want to spend on the favors.
  • Options
    I love s'mores, but I've never thought of them as a winter time treat.  Actually, to me they are a summer treat.  You make them around a campfire.  I've never heard of anyone making them in winter.  How about cake ball snowmen?  Stack 2-3 balls together on a stick and decorate to look like snowmen.  Or would that also take too long.  I love the "Winter One-derland" theme and might have to borrow it.  DS is a Christmas baby, but his party will have to be in early January. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageNewFamily09:
    I love s'mores, but I've never thought of them as a winter time treat.  Actually, to me they are a summer treat.  You make them around a campfire.  I've never heard of anyone making them in winter.  How about cake ball snowmen?  Stack 2-3 balls together on a stick and decorate to look like snowmen.  Or would that also take too long.  I love the "Winter One-derland" theme and might have to borrow it.  DS is a Christmas baby, but his party will have to be in early January. 

I was back and forth about the s'more theme too but where I am from we roast marshmellows and make smores around a campfire when it's chilly outside so the more opinions I got I felt like it could really go either way for either season :)

• Options
    I  think those look awesome, but the gloves idea is pretty cool too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm not a smores in winter fan. Also, not sure if you've done chocolate coating, but it can take a while. Also, if you plan on using Wilton chocolates, don't. They've changed their recipe and they don't melt good for dipping anymore. They're, for lack of better word, gloppy.

I like the idea of mitten or the snowman soup. We're doing snowflake cookies.

• Options
    My boys love the idea of snowman poop.  It is mini marshmellows in a bag.  You can do snowman soup with a bag of snowman poop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"