3rd Trimester

Any non-runners buy a jog stroller?

Just wondering if anyone that doesn't consider themselves a runner bought a jogging stroller as a way to motivate themselves to become runners or if it made you into a runner even though you didn't think it would. lol  My hubby runs and when he is deployed next year, I thought it would be great if I could begin running too.  Right now, I am excited about the idea of it and getting my body back....
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any non-runners buy a jog stroller?

• I have a jogging stroller and don't run.  I got it for hiking and going on walks that are on dirt or gravel.  The tires are just so much nicer on a jogger!  With that said, we also have a city micro stroller that we keep in the car along with a snap n go for the new little one.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have the bob revolution with the 12 inch all wheels. Its great for running, and trails, as well as the mall... it doesnt have the giant wheels which makes it a bit less bulky. I love it and wouldnt trade it for anything. I consider myself a partial runner... I dont do it all the time, and I mostly walk/run.
    imagebaby development

• Loading the player...
  • We registered for our jogging stroller when I was pg with DS.  Neither of us were runners, but we did like going for long walks. I think a jogging stroller is just as necessary for walks as it is for running.  A regular stroller just doesn't go as well on the sidewalks.  Then I did become a runner and was even more thankful for it!  We've used our jogger 10 times more than our umbrella stroller and travel stroller combined.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't run or even walk, and I got a jog stroller. I just like the way it maneuvers.

I do need to walk, and I hope to start after the baby is here, but I doubt the stroller I chose will really motivate me.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• We have a jogger, and I love it, but don't jog! I find the 3 wheeled manuvering and larger air tires are far superior to the smaller plastic ones on other strollers.
  • I have a jogging stroller on the registry that I am REALLY  hoping we get. That being said, I'm not a jogger, a runner, or any of those things. I'm an on-location photographer, so I'll need to be able to go to the park and into the woods and across a field, etc - just to get to my photo shoot. With that being said - I'm hoping to get my pre-pre pregnancy body back {I'm hoping to get back down to around 130 or so I can play basketball again..and run again...and be *healthy*. :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had a City Select jogger for DD - the front wheel does fixed or swivel. I LOVE it - have often said it was the best purchase we made. I don't run but use it to take long distance walks, which she loves, so it is great for exercise. With the swiveling front wheel it is also awesome for the mall, the zoo, etc. It has a one-handed fold-up system that is great too. 
  • I have a jogger and I walked a lot for exercise after DD was born. They are easier to walk at a fast pace with than a traditional stroller. Our sidewalks are uneven so it was nice to have something with big wheels.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought one so that it would hopefully motivate me afterwards. I am definitely not a runner.
    GreenHood Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"