17 Weeks Pregnant

week 17

I just found out that I am 17 weeks and I have a very slight "Baby Bump" is this normal?? I am feeling all of the symptoms that the bump talks about, my obgyn says everything is going great....but just wondering!

Re: week 17

• I ran a 5K race at 14 weeks and was passed just before the finish line by a woman who was 9 months pregnant... and our bellies were the same size! Every woman's body is different and so is every pregnancy. Some babies like hanging out front (like mine) while some snuggle into your back (which is what yours might be doing). The size of the bump isn't as important as a strong, steady heartbeat.
  • I am also 17 weeks with my first pregnancy and I am barely showing. It is normal, everybody's body and how they carry is different.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah if this is your first pregnancy then I would say it's pretty normal. Because with my first pregnancy I didn't show until I was 5 months and I wondered if that was normal and my OB said yes and like the other young lady said everybody's body is different. I'm on my second and last pregnancy and I am barely 5 months and look like I'm 6 or 7 this one has been very different.  I think it's a GiRL this time around.

• So glad to know I am not the only one! I see everyone with big belly bumps at 17 weeks. I havent gained a pound but I have gained width around my stomach making my pants too small now :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am the exact same! With my first pregnancy I didn't show until about 7 or 8 months because I was so extremely sick!

but this go round I am only 17 weeks and I look like I did at 7 months with the last...grr, it is so frustrating!

• With my first child I didn't show until my 6th month.  (But with the triplets this time I showed in month 1)!

Anne 

• Im 17 weeks tomorrow and Im barley showing either... this is my first pregnancy hopefully i get that baby bump soon :)
  • With first pregnancies it takes longer to show.  I am on my second, and my bump is still pretty small!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm also 17 weeks and barely showing. I think it's normal :) Our belly will show soon
  • I didn't show till five months with my first baby.  I am 17 weeks and on my third baby and my bump is big already. The midwife said that it takes longer to show with first babies and you show earlier with each pregnancy thereafter. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wasn't showing so early for my 1st, but now with the second bump...I have been showing since 2 months! Every pregnancy is different though. Mnay blessings to u and urs. :)
    July 11, 2012~ Our 2nd Princess Brielle Lez will join us. April 12, 2007~ Our beautiful Belle Marie was born. September 3, 2005~ I married the love of my life.
  • yah 17 weeks here too   :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 17 weeks today here, and im barley showing too. I also haven't gained any weight and im only 110, so im a little freaked out. This is my first pregnancy and i know everyone is different and you don't show that early in the first but i know alot of people who are showing and are only a week ahead of me and i want that belly lol. And since im so little and short, it looks like im just fat ha! Hopefully the belly starts showing soon :/

• I am also 17 weeks and I look big.  People keep telling me I am having twins.  I had an ultrasound at about 8 weeks and they told me it was one baby.  Could it be possible that one was hiding and that is why I have such a big belly?  This is my first one too.

• I am 17 weeks too and have been showing since 8 weeks.  I also was told by coworkers that I looked like I was having twins.  I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and they only saw one baby as well. I have also lost weight since getting pregnant without any reason except I do have the large baby bump. I have another ultrasound at the end of the month for fetal anatomy.  I'm sure everything is fine but it is always good to follow-up with the doctors to be safe.  Hope all is well with you and your pregnancy.

• I am humongous.  Many people think I am 9 months.  I don't ever remember getting this big this fast.
  • With my first my bump didnt really start to show until I was about 6 months along. Now with my second at 17 weeks I have a pretty good size bump.
  • hello... im 17 weeks as well..and to be honest im barely showing as well ..i look like im bloated .. but sumtimes my tummy pokes out a tad bit more and other times it hides..this is my first pregnancy and i weigh about 130 pounds and my doctor told me everything is well as well .. i believe it just depends on your body. i have a small figure so i figure thats why my bump is so small and maybe thats why urs is too.. it ill definitely get bigger in time ..good luck

• I'm 17 weeks today and have a very small baby bump. I feel like I'm the only one that can tell. For the last month my pants have been tighter and I bought a few maternity shorts and boy are they much more comfortable!  I have a feeling in the next few weeks I'm going to pop out so I'm trying hard not to complain about not seeing a baby bump. we find out in 2 weeks what we're having :-)
  • I'm a bigger girl and ppl question all the time if I'm ACTUALLY pregnant. It angers and upsets me but I'm 17 weeks along and I sometimes question if I'm showing so I suck in my stomack and when it doesn't goin it proves to me that I'm actually showing. Within the next few weeks you should REALLY start showing. My aunt is pregnant too and she's 15 weeks and showing more than I am. Don't worry when you can't see your feet anymore THEN you'll miss these days!! lol
  • I haven't gained any weight but actually lost some and my stomach is totally pooching out its very normal. I am 17 weeks too.
  • The best thing you can do is not to compare what other preggers are at the different stages of their pregnancies just keep your wits about you and your OBGYN
  • I'm glad that I am not the only one that is not seeing a big baby bump. I too am 17 weeks and this is my first. I have a small bulge, but no significant bump. My jeans don't fit, but my dress pants still do (I am a medium - 10/12). So I am in my first pair of maternity pants, but they are a little big still.

I've been asked about my cravings and wanting to eat everything all the time. I don't have either. I do eat 6 small meals throughout the day that are high in protein and low in sugar and fat.

I hope to see a bump soon. We find out whether we are having a boy or girl in 2 weeks from Friday.
  • I definitely have had a bump for a couple weeks now. I had a flat stomach before, but I heard that if your stomach muscles aren't as strong (mine definitely weren't), then your bump pops out faster. This may or may not be true, though, so feel free to prove me wrong! :)
  • I am 17 weeks 2 days! I am very petite and small. I started showing at about 10weeks but only gained about 7lbs so far. I feel myself even walking different it's crazy. Super excited to find out what I'm having in three more weeks.
  • I am heading for 18 weeks and am feeling the flutters. This is my second baby. I am petite also. I didn't show until I was six months with my first child. This time my belly has popped. I only gained 10lbs so far. I find out what I am having next month. It's true every pregnancy is different. I have leg cramps really bad at night when I am trying to sleep. My legs just don't stop jumping. It drives me crazy. Is this happening to anyone else?
  • im also 17 weeks but my bump comes and goes....does that mean after my sweet cake is baked ill go bck to my normal size quicker?? not that Im ashamed of my labor fat it would just be nice if it did
  • I am 17 weeks and this is my 4th my last is 7 so its been a while... but that belly is there and what makes it worse is I am 4'11 so people are looking like wow you are big and its getting on my nerves. I just want to enjoy this last one so I just act like I dont see peole looking at me lol..
  • I'm 17 weeks today, I've gained ten pounds, but still not showing. I'm not sure where those ten pounds went but I can't wait to get my baby bump :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"