March 2012 Moms

NBR... SO SAD RIGHT NOW (little long)

So I just found out that I won't be able to go home for Thanksgiving with my DH :(  As most of you know, he is in the military and we are stationed about 8,500 miles from our family right now.  None of our family has the money to come here and we don't have the 'extra' money with all the baby expenses to get both of us home. 

There is no room on any flight out of here to use his Military status to fly out before Thanksgiving so we are paying for his 1800 dollar ticket out of pocket.  I won't be able to go home until after the baby is born now :(  I was really looking forward to seeing my family and satisfying some of my pregnancy cravings I can't get here. 

We were also going to go shopping for Baby Things since the selection is very limited here. 

I told DH to go because he has plans to go hunting with his Grandfather.  He said he didn't want to go without me, but I convinced him I'd be fine here and plus we wouldn't have to pay for our dogs to be boarded.

But now, I feel super selfish because I REALLY don't want to be here alone for Thanksgiving and wish I hadn't convinced him to go.

"Babies are such a nice way to start people."
Don Herrold

Re: NBR... SO SAD RIGHT NOW (little long)

• Awww I'm sorry you aren't going to be able to go home with your DH for Thanksgiving. That does stink but I think that was a very unselfish thing for you to do, I would have done the same thing for my DH but I don't think he would go either way. Do you have any close friends by you that you can spend the holiday with?
  • I don't  have anyone here.  We've been here about 8 months and the friends we have made all leave this month before Thanksgiving :(
    "Babies are such a nice way to start people."
    Don Herrold