1st Trimester
Options

how many BFN did you get before a BFP?!

so, my period is about 4 or 5 days late, i've taken four pregnancy test within the past week. all negatives. i have some symptoms that come & go. i've had some pms symptoms like mild cramps, bloating, sore boobs for over a week now, but no period?! i was wondering if i could still possiblity be pregnant. & how many negatives did you have until you got a positive?! how far along were you or how late was your period when you got your positives?

i'm trying not to stress, but i don't understand what's going on with my body! LOL.

Re: how many BFN did you get before a BFP?!

• Options

I got my first super faint BFP at 10DPO.

Were you charting?  Is that how you know you are 4-5 days late?  Even if you are super regular, without charting, you can't be 100% sure you are that late.

Good Luck! 

• Options
    I got my 1st BFP about 11 DPO or something. By the time I was supposed to get my period, I had already had 3 pos. tests. It could be that you ovulated late.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    **Good luck to gatorwife,MissIntentional&corinne2010! Congrats to Piper2009!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My period was about a week late before I got a BFP.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I had two negatives before I got my positve. I tested 5 and 4 days before I was supposed to get my period and got 2 negatives with the Early response tests. Three days after my missed period I took another test- went for the digital this time- expecting a negative, but got a positive!!
  • Options
    I got my BFP about 12DPO.  Took the test in the evening because was very nauseaus all day!  The day before that I took a test in the am- BFN.  I've since confirmed with about 4 digitals:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got my BFP at 10dpo because I knew exactly when I ovulated

Did you chart?  How do you KNOW you are 4-5 days late?  Even if you had cycles every x number of days your body can throw you for a loop at anytime and you might have ovulated late this cycle which means you might not be late yet.

It sucks but PMS symptoms are identical to pregnancy symptoms and if you were pregnant enough to have symptoms then a test should show a positive.  

I would wait a few more days and test again.  GL

• Options
    I had 3 BFN, all after my period was supposed to have come. I didnt get my (many) BFP until 7 days after my period should have come. The pregnancy hormone takes longer to show up in some women than others. Just keep testing every second day and hope for no AF! :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Do you chart?  If not, it is very possible that you may have ovulated late.  Even people with text book cycles can have an off month and late ovulation can mean a later than normal period.

But, to answer your question, I got one negative HPT at 8DPO and when I tested again at 10DPO it was positive.  I was still 4-5 days away from getting my period when I got my first +.  I also got a positive for my DS at about 10DPO.

That said, it's also not unheard of for some people to get a positive HPT much later.  I would continue to test every week until you get your + or your period.  If 60 days pass without either you may consider calling your OBGYN.

Good luck.

• Options
    I got a bfn at 8, 9, 10, and 11 days past O. Finally, I got a bfp on day 12. Honestly thought, my symptoms (minus cramping) really only kicked in at 11 dpo. The early tests were just wishful thinking.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Options
    I didn't test until I was a few days late.
  • Options
    11DPO, I think. I wasn't doing temps.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I got BFN at 8 DPO and 9 DPO and my first (faint) BFP at 12 DPO.  I've had a few more since then :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got my BFP five days before AF was due. Usually if you're feeling symptoms, you should show a positive. Sometimes periods are just late though. If you don't get AF or a positive within a week or so, I'd make an appointment.
    Eleanor Gwendolyn
  • Options

No BFN's however I only tested 1 day past my missed period and got a very positive BFP with a clearblue and FRER..took two tests.

I have never tested before my missed period.

• Options
    I stopped testing around 17 dpo after getting another BFN because I was so frustrated and thought I'd be getting my period due to very pms like symptoms.  My doctor had me go in for bloodwork 5 days after that and that is when I found out that I was pregnant.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Married: July 2010 TTC #1:July 2010 07/11: Lots of testing: HSG (clear) Progesterone (Low), SA (Good!) dx: not ovulating 9/15/11: Cycle Clomid: 50 mg BFP!
  • Options
    I got a BFN at 11DPO and a BFP at 16DPO. I didn't test in between though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"