TTC after 35

Ovulation detector suggestions?

Does anyone use an ovulation kit?  I had my mirena taken out last Monday as we are trying for #3 and the Dr told me I'd get a period right away.  Well.....that didn't happen.  I've basically been spotting (VERY LIGHTLY) off and on since then.  I feel bloated and have gained 2 lbs (I know it can be water).  I am at a loss of how to know when I am ovulating and wondering if I should maybe get a kit or something.  Does anyone any suggestions on one they like that's not super expensive.  TIA! 

Re: Ovulation detector suggestions?

• Clear Blue Easy with the smiley face...no need to try to interpret how dark the lines are.
  • image CLB111106:
    Clear Blue Easy with the smiley face...no need to try to interpret how dark the lines are.

I use this plus the clear blue easy fertility monitor.  However, if you are looking for somethin super cheap, Amazon sells really cheap ones by Wondfo.  Good luck.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • image kelliwill:

Does anyone use an ovulation kit?  I had my mirena taken out last Monday as we are trying for #3 and the Dr told me I'd get a period right away.  Well.....that didn't happen.  I've basically been spotting (VERY LIGHTLY) off and on since then.  I feel bloated and have gained 2 lbs (I know it can be water).  I am at a loss of how to know when I am ovulating and wondering if I should maybe get a kit or something.  Does anyone any suggestions on one they like that's not super expensive.  TIA! 

It took about 6 weeks for me to get my period after I got my mirena out. I've heard of similar experiences from other people.  

I didn't start charting or monitoring for ovulation until after I got my first period.

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • image kelliwill:

It took about 6 weeks for me to get my period after I got my mirena out. I've heard of similar experiences from other people.  

I didn't start charting or monitoring for ovulation until after I got my first period.

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • image MAtoNC:
    image kelliwill:

thank you.  I guess I just need to be patient....something I am not good at.  can I ask you...did you wait to start trying until then as well or did you just do it just in case you were ovulating?  TIA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards