3rd Trimester

I am so discouraged...venting

I am due tomorrow. I have been looking forward to laboring at the birth center I choose this pregnancy. I have and still am (unless i go 42 weeks) a perfect candidate. The problem is that I have given up hope that my body will naturally go into labor. I have been having so many aches and pains. People in my life and even strangers don't help the situation at all by their comments and opinions. "Your still pregnant?" and "You don't look like that babies coming anytime soon, your walking around town like nothing!". I feel that calling my midwife over mild contractions are pointless if they don't get more intense and it just embarrasses me if they stop. Since this is my second child I feel I should know whats going on with my body but I don't. I am extremely emotional, tired, disappointed, and at the point where I feel my body will not naturally go into labor and I will end up pregnant two more weeks with an induction. Two more weeks of torture and people's comments...anyone else feeling this way?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am so discouraged...venting

• I feel the same way.  I'm not due until the 20th, but I've had so many nights of contractions that have me guessing.  I get the comments all the time...either "oh my gosh, how are you still here? you look like you could go any time now, i can tell in your face....  you are huge"  OR "that baby is still up so high, you've got a ways to go, first time moms always go late, you'll have to be induced"  I went to L&D today for what I thought might have been my water breaking...they tested it and said no, just a lot of watery discharge.  I feel so discouraged and embarrassed and I just want to hide until the baby comes...if she ever comes.  I know realistically I'm not going to be pregnant forever, but damn, it feels like it.

• I'm a second time mom as well and also due tomorrow. I was induced with DD#1 and ended up with a c/s. Because of the previous c/s I can not be induced so my only hope for a vbac is to go in to labor naturally. I can only go to 41 weeks so I am definitely feeling the pressure! I have an OB appt tomorrow and am really hoping to be dialated and get my membranes swept. I know it doesn't always work but I'd be thrilled to try at this point. As of last week I had no progress. Only time will tell. Good luck to you and labor dust.

Pregnancy Ticker

• image manbearpig31610:
    I'm a second time mom as well and also due tomorrow. I was induced with DD#1 and ended up with a c/s. Because of the previous c/s I can not be induced so my only hope for a vbac is to go in to labor naturally. I can only go to 41 weeks so I am definitely feeling the pressure! I have an OB appt tomorrow and am really hoping to be dialated and get my membranes swept. I know it doesn't always work but I'd be thrilled to try at this point. As of last week I had no progress. Only time will tell. Good luck to you and labor dust.

Why can't you be induced? My sister had a VBAC with her second and was induced for it. They just gave her pitocin to induce her...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• some doctors don't want to induce a VBAC because the stress it puts on the uterus... some doctors VBAC as regualr routine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image julesdac65:

image manbearpig31610:
    I'm a second time mom as well and also due tomorrow. I was induced with DD#1 and ended up with a c/s. Because of the previous c/s I can not be induced so my only hope for a vbac is to go in to labor naturally. I can only go to 41 weeks so I am definitely feeling the pressure! I have an OB appt tomorrow and am really hoping to be dialated and get my membranes swept. I know it doesn't always work but I'd be thrilled to try at this point. As of last week I had no progress. Only time will tell. Good luck to you and labor dust.

Why can't you be induced? My sister had a VBAC with her second and was induced for it. They just gave her pitocin to induce her...

In a chemically induced, non VBAC labour the rate of uterine rupture is as high as 6%. This rate rises when you factor in a previous cesarean. Induction should not be treated as a standard procedure, it should be a last resort. There are so many disadvantages to an induction that people don't bother researching; unfortunately most are just completely blas?.

image image image
    image image image image image image image image
  • Yes, this is my first and I am sealed up tight and baby hasn't dropped at all. I am sooooo sleepy and have no motivation. My dr even refered to my cervix as hostile. It is hard for her to check me and is very painful to me.  the only thing that is getting me through is knowing that I have an endpoint. I have til the 17th to go on my own after that I will be induced.
  • Yes, I felt like this with my first one (had to be induced at 41 weeks). I stopped going anywhere because I got sick of people saying "you STILL haven't had that baby?" and worrying that I was going to spontaneously go into labor right on the spot. It was so depressing. Longest week of my life! I am hoping I won't have to go through that again with this one, but kind of expecting it. I made the mistake of going on maternity leave the week before I was due and that made it worse I think because I was so bored and impatient. Try to find something to do to keep you busy! Best of luck! 
  • I do view inducing as a last resort myself, I was just curious about the VBAC and induction thing. I've never experienced any of it, so haven't had to do the research.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic