May 2012 Moms

NT Scan today; saw our peanut!

I don't have a PIP but the doctor's words were, "You don't get better results than these."  WHEW!  DH and I both have Down Syndrome in our family histories so we got the scan done for both this baby and for DD, and I'm very glad we did.  We have a very stubborn but very healthy little one!  U/S tech said based on the HR (146-148) she thinks boy, but who knows...HR was 160 at my last appt, so it's anyone's guess. :)  Just so glad everything looks fine and all the parts were there and in place--we even saw some thumb-sucking and its mouth opening and closing.  So flippin' cool!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NT Scan today; saw our peanut!

• Awesome!  Congratulations!  Question: I didn't think that Down's was hereditary...  is it?  I thought it was a random genetic mutation. 

• Congratulations!!  Glad to hear everything went well! :) 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's WONDERFUL, Congrats! My appt for the NT scan is Nov. 17th and even though DH and I don't have Downs in our family history I would like to be prepared. I would want to make sure I have the correct daycare in mind if it shows there are issues. Anyway, Congrats on your results!
  • image cloud9climber:
    Awesome!  Congratulations!  Question: I didn't think that Down's was hereditary...  is it?  I thought it was a random genetic mutation. 

I don't want to answer with too much certainty either way, but I know that since we have relatives in our family with DS it was suggested that we may want to double-check. And anecdotally, I worked for a pediatrician a while back who saw a mom with two DS daughters; mom was told by a different doc that DS isn't genetic, but then how do you explain TWO kids with it in the same family?  Just one story, though; I know tons of families with only one DS person as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards