September 2011 Moms

My Dr. was kind of an a$$hole today.

I had my 6 week appt. today with my Dr. who did my section.  She's the head Dr. at the practice and in her 50's I think.  She's not my favorite but the Dr. I really liked left and she's a great surgeon which is why I had her do my section. 

So she asked me how BF was going because I had some trouble early on.  I said good, but I had been having some shooting pains in my breast.  And I know that can be a symptom of thrush.  But that was the only "symptom" and I was wondering if I could have it with just one symptom.  She says "I never breastfed, I had a miscarriage so I can't answer that you need to talk to the hospital's lactation consultant".  I was like WTF!  I mean what does her having a miscarriage have to do with anything?  And if I did have thrush what is the lactation consultant going to do for me.  She can't prescribe me anything.  I mean the male dr. there doesn't have a vagina but he answers questions about them. 

I just felt like there was no reason for her to say that to me.  And I would have thought thrush was common enough that she would know something about it.  And even if she didn't there was just no reason to tell me she had a miscarriage.  At least I won't have to see her again now.  I'll just make my yearly appts. with the PA that I like.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My Dr. was kind of an a$$hole today.

• Weird.  Sounds like she has issues... sorry you have to go through the trouble of looking for another dr to talk to about that :(
  • Yeah that was somewhat unprofessional of her. Sorry that happened to you :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree sounds like she might have some pent up issues.. Which if she had that much of an issue why is she still delivering babies? Or asking in the first place?
  • Serious issues! Maybe that day was some sort of anniversary of that.....sorry you had to hear it though....
  • That's ridiculous.

"Doctor, I think my kidney transplant scar is infected." "Well I've never had a kidney transplant, so I don't know what to tell ya."

I think it's just another example of how many doctors are out of touch with the customer service side of their profession.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dude ISSUES!!!  Maybe she shouldn't be delivering babies if she is so damn bitter.  And yes it sounds like you have thrush, don't let it go get help quick before it gets worse or goes to LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageVitaminC:

I had my 6 week appt. today with my Dr. who did my section.  She's the head Dr. at the practice and in her 50's I think.  She's not my favorite but the Dr. I really liked left and she's a great surgeon which is why I had her do my section. 

So she asked me how BF was going because I had some trouble early on.  I said good, but I had been having some shooting pains in my breast.  And I know that can be a symptom of thrush.  But that was the only "symptom" and I was wondering if I could have it with just one symptom.  She says "I never breastfed, I had a miscarriage so I can't answer that you need to talk to the hospital's lactation consultant".  I was like WTF!  I mean what does her having a miscarriage have to do with anything?  And if I did have thrush what is the lactation consultant going to do for me.  She can't prescribe me anything.  I mean the male dr. there doesn't have a vagina but he answers questions about them. 

I just felt like there was no reason for her to say that to me.  And I would have thought thrush was common enough that she would know something about it.  And even if she didn't there was just no reason to tell me she had a miscarriage.  At least I won't have to see her again now.  I'll just make my yearly appts. with the PA that I like.

wow she was very unprofessional!  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    AJ - 9.29.11 <3 .        Joey due 01/03/2015 .
    diagnosed with velamentous cord insertion @ 19 weeks with baby #2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"